2 Week Jump Start

sanguinarythorn
on 7/27/12 9:18 am - Newport News, VA
Long story short- I'm 7 years 3 months post-op. I initially lost around 105 lbs. 2 babies later, I have gained back around 30 lbs. 

I met with my surgeon yesterday and had my body composition analyzed. He started me on his 2 week jump start meal replacement program. It's 5 shakes a day for 2 weeks. Daily calories 1000. Expected weight loss 8-25 lbs. Of course, I'd like to lose the 25 lbs! Hah.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with a 2 week meal replacement program and had any success with it. Or have any advice to share. Thanks!!

dms121
on 7/31/12 6:27 am - MD
What shake did you use?  I need a jump start too. seemed to have plateued at 73 lbs only about 1/2 way to goal.  Wishing you the best
Transforming from the Inside Out    
sanguinarythorn
on 7/31/12 8:36 am - Newport News, VA
 I'm using the Weight & Inches meal replacement program. You can read more about it on my blog. I do substitute real food once in a while (but match the same nutritive values as the shakes) if I just can't stand it anymore. I've already lost 6 lbs and I've only been on it 4 days! 

lori-ann
on 8/9/12 1:32 pm
Congratulations! I'm 2 months shy of being 5 years out. My son just turned 6 mnths old yesterday, I only gained 4 pounds while pregnant, but never reached my personal goal, I did however lose 131 pounds. I'm going to give the '2 week jump start meal replacement program' a shot! hope to see some great results!

Best of Luck and Please Keep us updated!!

Lori-Ann

~ A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside... when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone ~

sanguinarythorn
on 8/9/12 4:42 pm - Newport News, VA
There have been many days where I just can not do all liquid all day. So on those days (like today), I indulge myself and give myself a real meal for dinner. Tonight I'm having a jerk chicken breast and boiled broccoli. The whole meal is around 175 calories, so it's less than one of the shakes. I just try to stay within the caloric confines of the shakes if I'm going to sub with real food. Also, if during the day I just can't take it, I have a piece of deli ham or turkey and maybe a couple cubes of cheese. Whatever it is, I keep it low cal and low carb. Also try to stay active to "buy" yourself some free calories :)

lori-ann
on 8/10/12 9:19 am
Thanks so much for the feedback and advice! I'll be starting the program monday and will keep you updated!
Lori-Ann

~ A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside... when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone ~

Most Active