X-Post -Kroger Carbmaster Yogurt - Just Say NO!!!

JazzyOne9254
on 9/4/12 3:51 pm
Kroger Carbmaster Yogurt is NASTEEEE! 

It was on sale, and I bought some, only to find out that it's more like Jell-O than yogurt.

I looked at a carton of it and Kroger Blended, and found that gelatin is indeed listed closer to the top of Carbmaster's ingredient list than Blended.  Carbmaster only has one more gram of protein (8g) than Blended (7g).

Personally, I'd rather have the creamier texture and taste of Blended, if I'm going to do cup yogurt.  I usually buy the 2 pound tubs of Vanilla and Plain, and do flavors and fruit add-ins myself!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

txernurse
on 9/30/12 12:29 pm
I agree.  I bought it on recommendation from a man in the store that says his girlfriend swears by the Carbmaster and eats 3-4 per day.  Yuk!  The consistency is nasty.  Need to keep exploring since I can't stand Greek yogurt either.
JazzyOne9254
on 9/30/12 12:58 pm, edited 9/30/12 1:00 am
I like Greek yogurt! And the protein value is great! I have had some strange flavors , like lemon verbena, and mint-something, which I didn't like, but it is quickly becoming one of my "go-to" sources of protein. I have started buying it in the large tubs, too, unless the individuals are on sale, and/or I have a coupon.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active