Protein with no sucralose or aspartame???

Jennifer39
on 5/23/13 3:02 am
Hi guys, I'm trying to plan for my surgery in August and I'm looking for a pre and post barbaric protein powder that does not contain sucrose or aspartame. I unfortunately get wicked bad migraines and stomach pains from them.
Gnc 100% whey protein doesn't but I'm also looking for more options.

Thank you!!!
VSG on 06/12/13

Have you looked at Jay Robb or SDC Nutrition's About Time? They seem to be two that are pretty straightforward, both sweetened with stevia. Here are snaps I took of the packages. You can get samples from both websites.

Jay Robb Tropical Dreamsicle:

photo 44957a6df494deedfcb1448439fd7cae_zpsb4fdcf15.jpg

About Time Chocolate Mint:

photo 1aac54422f4c965efedb2ba68f1c0067_zpse0a148bd.jpg

Good luck on your search!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

JazzyOne9254
on 6/8/13 1:49 am, edited 6/8/13 1:50 am

I order 10# bags of Whey Protein Isolate ( sometimes 5#, if my money's funny)  and vites from various sources, Lucky Vitamin, and even eBay!  Those are my first go-tos for supplies.  Amazon might also be another you might try.  I can get my Vitamin D 50,000 IU there for a little over $20.00. for the Bio-Tech bottle.  I've had vitamin D struggles for a while.

You might even be able to find stevia on eBay in large quantities.  I use sucralose (Splenda), so I can't help you there. I get big cans of the stuff for 4 bucks at the local Big Lots. I've never seen stevia there in the same quantity, but it might be worth a go-see if you have a Big Lots where you live.  They do have the little packets where I live, but stevia has a bitter aftertaste for me that I don't like.

BTW- Sucrose is sugar.  If you can tolerate it, you're a better woman than I!  It gives me gas and the trotskies!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Jennifer39
on 6/8/13 2:26 am
That's so funny you mentioned lucky vitamins because I just ordered some stuff from there two days ago!
Thanks for the tip about big lots and eBay I didn't even think about that.

I ordered some of the about time protein powders and I'm gonna see how that goes. I'm excited for their birthday cake flavor!
sfnativewm
on 6/10/13 4:49 am

whole foods has  lot of proteins without the sucralose or aspartame.   I use a vegan vanilla rice protein powder by nutribiotic.  I put in blue berries with sugarfree coconut milk!

Good luck!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

JenniferDreams120
on 6/14/13 12:00 am - Kennesaw, GA
RNY on 06/06/13
Syntrax unflavored protein is great to mix into cool things like pudding and yogurt.

cindylou59
on 4/2/14 5:52 pm

If you are still looking for protein powders, check out Arbonne. They are all natural and use Stevia.

Most Active