6.5 years post op, have gained 30 pounds. I need HELP

Kristi K.
on 3/21/15 2:17 pm, edited 3/21/15 2:18 pm - Green Lane, PA

I had the same struggles. I had great success with my rny, losing over 150 lbs. At 6 years out from rny I had regained close to 55 lbs. I had excellent training and counseling pre op but aside from some support group meetings at my hospital, there were very few resources for dealing with the mental stuff post op. I agree that we can't eat like we did in the beginning and when i tried to "follow the rules" for eating at several years post-op I was hungry all the time!

I found a wonderful program that is wls friendly, designed by a medical doctor, nutrient balanced (takes the guesswork out of making sure you are meeting all your nutritional needs), very doable. Best of all, no hunger and tons of energy. NOT a fad diet, magic pill, or drink, just sound nutrition. I have been on the program since Jan. 2 and have lost 31 lbs! My head issues are finally being resolved. I am so excited about this program that I want to share with every wls grad who has regain. It really works.  For more in depth information, google   Highway2Health.tsfl.com    and pm me if you have any questions. Truly is amazing to finally have a handle on this!

jacreasy
on 3/25/15 6:17 am
VSG on 04/23/12

Ill be three years post op from VSG next month. I had gone up just a little maybe 8-10 lbs but I felt it.  It is back to basics and making an extra effort to be mindful and not snack and over eat. It is a tool, have to remind yourself at least I do and that Its all up to me and I didn't come this far to go back. Good Luck we all need it from time to time!

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

YummyMummy1
on 4/7/15 3:25 am - Hawthorne, CA
HI Kristi K.
I am in the same boat, but now I'm starting to feel my back hurting like i felt before my RNY in 2008.

I'm defiantly going to look into this website to see if it helps me.
Thanks for the input.

YummyMummy1

Kristi K.
on 4/7/15 8:49 am - Green Lane, PA

Pease do. I posted about the program because I have been there and finally found something that works! I am now 8 lbs from my lowest weight that I reached shortly after my rny. Onederland feels terrific...oh how I missed it!

mike460
on 6/10/15 10:01 am - freeport, IL
RNY on 07/27/09 with

Really good question i was in wheel chair now i was down 280 still 100 from goal weight was as close as i come i have gained back 36 lbs next month i will be six years post but my son going through classes now for his surgery i take him there sit in they are pleased to see me there at dr office still remember me and sitting in class a get to rethink what im doing wrong i figured out havent been logging my intake for a few years kind of wondered from the path made me rethink im starting to take back control i refuse to go back to where i was you have to keep track you can win i truly believe that!!!

Michael A Thruman Sr

Most Active