Post RNY Bodybuilding Eating Plan

Stephaniemichellesmi
th

on 2/23/16 11:44 am - TX

I am struggling to find guidance for post gastric bypass eating plans for individuals wanting to get lean and build muscle. I have found guidance for post bariatric eating and guidance for bodybuilding (both online and through dietitians), but not the intersection of the two. Anyone know of a resource to do so? 

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/16 5:00 am

I think I have found my soulmate!  HA!  I am looking for the same thing.  I do lift weights on my own and have been doing so for about a year and a half.  I also climb stairs and do RPM cycling classes.  I've built quite the darn frame in the process, but I do still weigh 165ish pounds and everyone else my height weighs like 145-150.  I know I shouldn't compare myself to another and all that jazz, but...yeah...I am!!!

I went to my nutritionist last summer.  I had one of those DEXA scans done and I was 116lbs. muscle, the rest was like 'stuff' in your body.  He said that was great.  My BMI was 26.  I wi**** was like 24.  I don't know what it is now.  He told me not to worry about calories but to track my macros (proteins, fats, and carbs).  He said he would like to see me have like 100-120g protein per day, 35g fat, and I can't remember the carb number but between the other two.  After talking to people here, reading up, asking questions, I don't know that this is exactly what I should be doing based on the activity that I do...I am not sure.  I also have some re-curring binge eating issues that are just messing me up.  Anyways...if you hear anything, please let me know!!!

Good luck!

samanthalc
on 6/19/16 1:08 pm
with

I am a bit over a year out, and am also thinking of a fitness competition.  I'm about 139 (+/- one or two pounds) and really want to get down another ten of fat, and add about 7 of muscle.  Have you guys had any luck?

Most Active