Can't stop binge eating (pre op)

LifeEntity
on 3/21/16 4:38 pm

I'm only a few weeks into my first month of six of my supervised diet. I have lost 12.4 lbs so far. I noticed last week I started to binge eat again. I find myself knit picking at things each time I go near the kitchen. They are healthy things, but its still binge eating. I don't go over my 1500 calories and I still count everything I put in my mouth and log it in MyFitnessPal. 

My worry is, what if I gain all that 12 lbs back before my second weigh in, in a couple weeks. and I would have to start all over again. Everytime I say i'm going to get back on track with my diet I binge again. 

Anyone else done this who is also a binge eater?

Sumundo311
on 3/21/16 8:07 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

I am 10 years after surgery and still struggle with binge eating, or knit picking each time I go into the kitchen, so I get it. You are not alone.

My prayers are with you on your journey.

Susan C

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/23/16 4:31 pm

I would suggest you look for therapy for binge eating. Hopefully you can find a good counselor specializing in that eating disorder...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active