Eating Constantly

Gladgrad
on 11/24/16 8:33 am

I'm  a week out  from surgery today.

Over the past days of recovery I have been hungry. Probably a combo of head and body hunger. I eat a tiny amount and get full, but as soon as an hour later need to eat again. I hope this regulates, or maybe it's because I basically eat broth and or baby food consistency foods. One of my program nurses told me I may eventually develop some food aversions. None yet!.

When did your appetite and likes and dislikes change?

Any insight would help. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

(Looking forward to my thinned mashed potatoes and gravy)

VSG 11/17/16  down 18 lbs so far.

Hoping to rid myself of 100 lbs and health issues.

Renren
on 11/25/16 10:23 am
VSG on 12/02/15

When you get to solid proteins you will stay full much longer. I can eat a huge bowl of soup. It just runs right through the stomach. But when I eat meat of any type I can only eat 1.5-2ounces and stay full for hours. 

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

summerset
on 11/27/16 8:28 am

It has already been said: once you'll proceed to solids, things will change.

As for changing tastes: mine didn't change with a few exceptions (the thought of soy milk, soy yoghurt and drinking this 1,5% or skim milk in my coffee makes me want to gag).

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/16 12:50 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

A few weeks beyond my surgery I felt hungry too.  It does depend a lot on what you eat.  When I eat carbs, it totally raises my blood sugar and I get hungry.  Like the previous person said if I concentrate on protein, my hunger is minimal.  

JustElena
on 12/30/16 9:49 pm
VSG on 10/18/16

I was STARVING the first 5 weeks I was on the liquid and pureed diet. As soon as I was able to progress to soft foods it was insta-full! So that was a very nice feeling for me. My taste in food has changed very little. Desserts still look good, but most sugar makes me immediately nauseous. That's a plus. Lol. I wish I liked zucchini and squash, but I still hate em.? Coffee gives my tummy an ache, and I think that's the only difference I notice. To be honest I haven't tried more than a bite or two of any particular carb, just because it takes all my effort to get in my protein and veggies I don't have time to waste room on carbs, so I haven't even bothered to include them in my diet. If I don't think about them I don't miss them. If I miss them I take one bite.  I'm sorry, I think I rambled and didn't really answer ur question at all.

Most Active