Dieting with Health Issues

emptynester3
on 5/27/17 9:44 pm

Like to ask someone in my position if they know a good healthy menu plan for someone as myself who needs to lose over 100 lbs.....i know veggies, some protein are a must but i need more portion control help and ways to fend off food as I have lung disease and not mobile so hard to lose weight so must be low fat, no salt, extremely low carbs yet way........any suggestions how to fight off hunger would be more than welcomed. I have gone from size 12 to 3x since diagnosed with lung disease and put on oxygen 16 hours a day.

Anyone?

LMTSC
on 5/28/17 4:53 am
VSG on 06/29/17

You need to ask your Pulmonologist for diet information specific to your with Lung disease. There are ways you can eat that will help and not hinder your pulmonary treatments and breathing. I'm a respiratory therapist and would hate for you to try something in your own that may cause exasperation of your assumptions.

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

hollykim
on 5/30/17 9:18 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 28, 2017 at 11:53 AM Pacific Time, LMTSC wrote:

You need to ask your Pulmonologist for diet information specific to your with Lung disease. There are ways you can eat that will help and not hinder your pulmonary treatments and breathing. I'm a respiratory therapist and would hate for you to try something in your own that may cause exasperation of your assumptions.

if you notice in the post before this one, the op was given a diet by his/her pulmonologist and they said it made them " puke".

LMTSC
on 5/30/17 9:52 am
VSG on 06/29/17
On May 30, 2017 at 4:18 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

if you notice in the post before this one, the op was given a diet by his/her pulmonologist and they said it made them " puke".

1. There is nothing in either post that says they were given a diet specifically by a Pulmonologist.
  2. Your reply seems very rude and condescending towards someone simply trying to help.
  3. I'm a Respiratory Therapist so I made sure I read the post thoroughly before giving advice.

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

hollykim
on 5/30/17 1:39 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 30, 2017 at 4:52 PM Pacific Time, LMTSC wrote:
On May 30, 2017 at 4:18 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

1. There is nothing in either post that says they were given a diet specifically by a Pulmonologist.
  2. Your reply seems very rude and condescending towards someone simply trying to help.
  3. I'm a Respiratory Therapist so I made sure I read the post thoroughly before giving advice.

you are right, it doesn't say the diet was given by a pulmonologist. I stand corrected.

Cathy H.
on 5/28/17 9:18 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

You might want to post this question in the General Discussion Forum

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Most Active