Whey Vs. Casein for Weight Loss

iDeserveThis
on 4/9/18 9:30 am
VSG on 11/12/13

UGH.... gained weight again... it has been 4.5 years since my VSG ..... ALL MY FAULT though because I haven't been trying lately and life just, well, life is life. Have any of you compared Whey Protein Shakes Vs. Casein Protein for Weight Loss? Everything I read has conflicting information. I try to have a Protein Shake first thing in the morning and another small one right before bed. From what I am reading... having the Whey in the morning and then eat REAL food the rest of the day and then the Casein Protein before bed may be the best way to get in both types of Protein and will help me sleep better as well. Anyone doing this? Thanks all!

janenair
on 4/24/18 10:10 pm

Whey is a "fast-acting" protein, so your body absorbs and digests it more rapidly than casein, making it more satiating in the short term. However, that also means whey may not keep you full for as long as casein can.

In a study published in 2010 in the journal "Arquivos Brasileiros de Endocrinologia & Metabologia," normal-weight subjects who supplemented their diets with casein without attempting to cut calories ate less than subjects who supplemented with whey.

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/18 2:10 am

I have different opinion for the weight loss. I like to follow some natural way like weight loss foods and yoga. These foods like protein rich foods make you feel of fuller and limit your cravings for excess foods whereas yoga has several positions/asanas that help in weight loss.

LaurieStalder
on 9/19/18 10:16 pm

Having a vegan diet and a regular exercise works best for loosing weight.

Most Active