File still not sent

Robin H.
on 8/12/11 4:58 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Ok so called as per usual, I called my local assessment center and spoke with the lovely Anna (really she is lovely no sarcasm) she informed me that yes my file has been sent and was looking it up to confirm date of it being sent.  She then appoligised and stated that it had not been sent yet and put me on hold ....... * insert Crappy elevator music here*  I was on hold for quite some time then she came back and said that my file will be sent out late next week and that she has confirmed it with Ron (the unit manager or whatever he is )   I told Anna thanks and said that yes I have heard this a few times now and I will talk with her next week to follow up again to make sure that indeed the file was sent.   I then asked how long untill we hear from Hamilton once they get  our file, she stated that around 3 - 4 weeks and then once she has that information I will recieve a call.  As she is telling me this I am thinking don't worry I will be calling Hamilton to confirm they recieved my file once they say it has been sent from here!!!!! Well here's to keeping my fingers crossed that it will be sent next week hmmmmm if all goes well from here on in I may be looking at surgery by October....... keeping fingers toes and limbs crossed

StevesGal
on 8/12/11 6:53 am - Hamilton, Canada
So sorry to hear you're still waiting for them to send your file.  At least you're being nice to the person on the other end of the phone and not blaming her for someone else's problem.  Don't worry ... you'll be on the bench before you know it!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Megan M.
on 8/12/11 7:15 am - Canada
Goodness, I wonder what the holdup is?  Probably because of vacations - everyone in the office has to write a report to go with the file.  But it is frustrating, I know.  If you need Ron's direct phone number, let me know.  Anna is lovely, but once I had his phone number, I started calling him directly.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

thunderwoman
on 8/12/11 10:37 am - Canada
i agree with Megan here. i would call Ron directly and on a regular basis.  if anyone can help you it will be him. he is the director there.  everyone has to have input into the files and then they all meet which i am not sure if it is weekly but then when the files are completed they send them to hamilton.  then dr hong\s office (hamilton-st joe's gets them the doctors then have to review each of them prior to the clinic setting up the doctor's telecons.  however i do believe that with 3 surgeon's now located in hamilton, the wait times may not be so long. 

i know it is frustrating but you are so close.  hang in there and it will come soon.  i promise.  call Ron and speak to him as soon as you can.

Teasha H.
on 8/12/11 1:44 pm - north of Barrie, Canada
sorry but I am so confused!!! My doctor sent in the referal fax to the barriactic registy and I am wondering... did they get it? Who do I ask or what do I do? I think according to my postal cose I will be sent to Humber so should I be calling them to see if they got it?
Robin H.
on 8/14/11 10:14 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
you can call the local assessment centre that would be recieving the refferal i suppose I am not sure what centre you would be sent to.  My doctor could not fax the refferal and was told to do it on line I don't believe they accept faxed refferals any longer at least that is what happened when my refferal went in and that was last fall.  I would double check withg both your doctors office and the assesment centre.

Robin

Roxy7699
on 8/15/11 11:18 am
Oh Bain, that is so frustrating. I have also had similar conversations and delays. It is so frustrating to hear that this is happening to so many people. Keep positive though and keep advocating for yourself. Call and call somemore if you need too. I just recently got my apt with the surgeon, and the timeline you have seems about right, it took about a month to hear back once my file was sent and Ron estimated October, early November for surgery. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you too.
Most Active
Recent Topics