One week post op...little long

TraceyM45
on 11/9/11 10:34 pm
So I am one week post op and down 30 lbs from the start of optifast (-41 from the start of the year).  Realized that this will be the first time in more than 15 years that I will start a new year weighing less than the previous year and not beating myself up about it .

I have had a little bit of an issue with nauseau-baby gravol helps, back pain-i had a car accident a couple of months before the surgery and they say the pain is heightened because of it-regular doses of tylenol have really helped thanks to a post on the forum. 

I tried applesauce, lf tomato soup and last night a half of a scrambled egg.  The applesauce and soup are ok, the egg not great not sure if it's the texture or if it just tastes different but I'm not in a hurry to eat them.  My clinic wants me to move into the puree stage and I am ok with that, just not too sure what I will like....lots of experimenting.   I make sure I get all of my fluids, protien and vitamins in each day.  

I go back to see Dr. Yelle next week for my follow up and I am interested to see what the goal weight will be.  

Thanks again for all the support, advice and information.  For those of you waiting, make small changes now and it will help when you get there.  Be patient your time is coming and from someone who waited a loonnngg time it is worth every fear, tear and day to get here.  

From the bench,

Tracey  

Monica M.
on 11/9/11 10:37 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Thank you for this positive posting, Tracey!

Good for you, you sound like you're very prepared for your new lifestyle, and accepting the challenges!

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 10:38 pm - Toronto, Canada
During our nutrition class they said that a lot of people have trouble eating eggs for a very long time post-wls. She suggested hard boiled egg mashed with a little low fat mayo for the pureed stage if you want to eat eggs.
Glad to hear you are doing so well just 1 week post op. My date for surgery is Dec.21, so its fast approaching!
TBIYTC
on 11/9/11 10:39 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Way to go Tracey!  Keep up the good attitude!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

TraceyM45
on 11/9/11 10:59 pm
Thank you ladies,  this is a great site I have learned so much and continue to learn every day.  Keeping positive has not always been easy but it is better than the alternative. 

Have a great day.

Tracey

jdance
on 11/9/11 11:14 pm - Canada
One week post op and you're eating eggs????????????

I thought it was 2 weeks clear liquids, then 2 weeks puree.

I didn't try eggs until i was allowed soft foods after a month and they didnt' sit real well to begin with, so don't get discouraged.

Just keep plugging away.

J

CC1964
on 11/9/11 11:44 pm - Lindsay, Canada
My nutritionist suggested starting with eggs in the soft poached stage. I thingk you are right about the texture of the scrambled being the problem.
Cathie  

Surgery - January 11/12        
Brenda T.
on 11/10/11 12:22 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
You are doing really well!!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Moselle
on 11/10/11 2:37 am - Athens, Canada
I also went through the Ottawa wmc and they moved me through the dietary stages quickly as well.  Just keep trying different things and if something doesn't agree with you, give it a few days and try it again. 

Glad to hear that you are feeling well.  It's an amazing journey, full of lots of wow's and excitement.  Keep up the good work.  All the best.  Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

PatXYZ
on 11/10/11 3:18 am, edited 11/10/11 3:18 am
You might have more success with a soft boiled or poached egg, there is something about the texture of scrambeled that gives a lot of people trouble. Don't forget about greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and unflavoured protein powder mixes into soup quite well too.

How are you doing with your fluids and vitamins? Nausea can be a sign of dehydration.
EDIT - sorry! Just noticed that you said you're doing fine with those. Great job!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics