how long before

filomena B.
on 12/18/11 12:55 am
hi everyone and Happy Sunday
well 5 more sleeps until my surgery on the 23rd... so just wondering how long after are we allowed to shower... i know in the material i got it says 4-5 days but just wondering if this has changed ... would love to be clean for christmas hehehe
trudylam
on 12/18/11 1:03 am - Sudbury, Canada
I had my surgery on a Monday and had my first shower on the Thursday following, so it was about 4 days.  You can spongebath if you are comfortable with that.  It's going to depend how you feel.  They also told me to keep the shower spray on my back so that my incisions weren't getting pelted with the water.  Best of luck to you!  You are so close. :)
filomena B.
on 12/18/11 1:11 am
Hi there
thankyou i figured but was hoping they had changed that... i guess a spongebath it is then lol
and thankyou yes i am i am so excited and nervous at the same time..
ho ho ho to me
hope you have a wonderful christmas with your family
and would love to add you to my friend list if that is ok... i am sure i am going to have tons of questions post op
aprilbennett1965
on 12/18/11 8:38 am - Canada
Now I will do a lot of things to help you if we are roomies but don't you dare ask me to sponge bath you lmao. 

Hey I got it, we can both bring spray bottles, hook em up to super long catherer hoses and well..... yep that's what we will do! We will both be clean and fresh
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Smiley_sandy
on 12/18/11 1:10 am - Belleville, Canada
I was able to shower in the hospital the 2nd day...I was at HRRH.

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

filomena B.
on 12/18/11 1:12 am
thinking it is to late to change hospitals hehe... but still amazes me how things differ from one center to the next.
Brenda T.
on 12/18/11 1:31 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Very excited for you on how close you date is, eeeee.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

TraceyM45
on 12/18/11 1:44 am
I showered with assistance day two and on my own day 3 before I went home.  It was heaven!

RubyTues
on 12/18/11 2:24 am - Canada
Once I was able to walk without assistance I was able to shower. I had mine on day three at the hospital.. was heavenly, inspite of the rough crispy towels.

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/11 2:32 am
At Guelph I was shower two days later. They are pretty good there!
Most Active
Recent Topics