support groups in down town toronto

ollieboysladybird
on 1/9/12 11:54 am - Canada
other than the one I know about at twh, are there any others in the downtown area?
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

flyingwoman
on 1/9/12 12:07 pm
 When is the one at TWH, and ais it restricted to TWH patients?

There is one in Scarborough, on Thursday nights, but I've never actually been, and two in the GTA, one north and one west.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
ollieboysladybird
on 1/9/12 12:09 pm - Canada
ya the twh one is hosted by the clinic for registered patients. I wasn't sure if there some private meet ups going on for downtown
Sarah

RNY
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Gabygee
on 1/9/12 10:08 pm - Canada
I live in the west end of Toronto, and use public transit, so downtown Toronto would have been my first choice as well.

Instead, I try to make it to the "Mississauga Cawfee Talks" once a month, because the quality of the meeting is usually very good.
There are some wonderful people there, with amazing stories.
And the tips/tricks we we share is fabulous.

Bit of a hike, so I have to do it with a ride (thank you Wendy!) but well worth it.
Keep an eye out for the next posting.

Apparently North York throws an excellent meeting as well, with a regular clothing exchange etc.

ollieboysladybird
on 1/9/12 11:56 pm - Canada
Ya I am a TTC'er too but could always grab a zip car if needed....so please keep me posted if any of you hear of anything coming up soon! thanks!
Sarah

RNY
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lisa_Toronto
on 1/10/12 12:03 am - Toronto, Canada
 Yup, I'm in the same boat as Gaby and would like a group downtown.  Not enough to host or organize, mind you.  

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/12 1:42 am - Toronto, Canada
count me in...who is willing to organize the first meeting?  I think it would be awesome to have a downtown Toronto group. 
How about the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7pm?  Now who wants to suggest a location? 
pinkjellybean
on 1/10/12 3:59 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I'd be in even though i'm a little out of the downtown core...but it is very convenient for me and I can always attend provided I am not working into the evening.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

ollieboysladybird
on 1/10/12 4:06 am - Canada
That's a great plan. What about a resto that is bariatric friendly? Anyone know of any?

Sarah
Sarah

RNY
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ollieboysladybird
on 1/10/12 4:32 am - Canada
Or actually....why don't we meet at the Richmond and John Chapters on the 2nd floor in the table area outside of starbucks? There is parking for out of towners and then there is transit so many ways for TTC'ers?

Thoughts?
Sarah

RNY
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Most Active
Recent Topics