TV-16:9 Global 7pm ET WLS wait times..

MS Miller
on 3/3/12 8:03 am - Nepean, Canada
Hi,

The Global show 16:9 at 7pm ET is talking about wait times for WLS.

Sue

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
Hanneli xoxo
on 3/3/12 8:10 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
 greAt! I just tuned in.. hope it is a good program and doesnt disapoint me lol!

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/3/12 8:10 am, edited 3/3/12 8:12 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
 Hmmm 16:9 is on,  but its about chinese students??
ETA: it seems to have a couple issues on it.. Must be later in the program. Heres an article http://www.globalnews.ca/encore+presentation+weight+times/64 42566328/story.html

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/12 8:13 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
It's a repeat one and the weight loss is the last story if I remember right.  It's about the woman from the east coast that wrote her own obituary and has since had surgery in Mexico.  She comes to post on our forum at times.
Hanneli xoxo
on 3/3/12 8:16 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
 reading what it is about doesnt seem like its very accurate... is it true some wait over 10 years? and why Mexico if its medically needed.. it is covered here?? 
I am a bit confused.. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/12 8:18 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
The wait list in each province is different.  At one time the wait list in Ontario was 7 to 8 years.  Apparently in this woman's province it is up to 10 years wait time.  It's not covered in Mexico but she did get her surgery there.  You can self pay in Mexico for any surgery you choose if you don't want to wait.  This woman's surgery was donated by the surgeons down there after their Canadian rep showed them her story.
Hanneli xoxo
on 3/3/12 8:26 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
 ahh ok.. Now I am watching it on the global TV website.. 

FancyRoses
on 3/3/12 12:17 pm - Lower Sackville, Canada
yes here in Nova Scotia my wait time was 10 plus years, it is not covered to go to any other province at all.  I went to Mexico because the company Weight No More and the wonderful Mexican doctors were all so generous and kind.  I wished they would have had the time to show everything. 
My goals to a healthy me            
Hanneli xoxo
on 3/3/12 12:21 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
 Hello! I watched the program... glad you were able to get help and are now on the other side of the surgery! 

I did not realize that Ontario was much quicker compared to other provinces! 

brenda_mcconnell
on 3/3/12 10:20 pm - Oshawa , Canada
RNY on 04/18/12
Most Active
Recent Topics