Optifast in 2 weeks

Jason W.
on 4/4/12 2:07 am - Canada
Feeling very anxious and freaked out. Plus I am hungry all the time, like my body is preparing for battle and wants to stock up. I guess it's normal to feel this way?

Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

Brenda T.
on 4/4/12 2:12 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I think that is natural Jason. Have you thought of what you will eat on the last day before OF?

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Catw
on 4/4/12 3:07 am - Arnprior, Canada
Congrats on the Opti stage.  What you are describing is normal.  It's not your body stocking up, but your mind doing things to you.  Your head hunger's just doing an OMG moment because the reality is sinking in that this is happening.  Plus the stress of the unknown.

Try to keep an eye on what you are eating, and why.  If you are eating because you are truly hungry, then eat, but if your eating to eat, because you are bored, or anxious, try distracting yourself.

Cathy

Monica M.
on 4/4/12 3:09 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
sounds perfectly normal to me, Jason. Keep track of what and why you're eating. It'll help you sort out head hunger from actual hunger.

msheavyhearted
on 4/4/12 5:38 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
 Yup, completely normal. I remember being so disappointed the night before I started Opti that I wasn't hungry. I felt like it was a waste of all the food I could be eating. (Could... NOT should!)

The hunger goes away rather quickly while on Opti. I only had a few "feed me now!" moments.

You'll likely be so elated to be on the final pre-op stretch that you'll manage a lot better than you expect to.
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

MisterDiminishing
on 4/4/12 8:31 am - Windsor, Canada
Looking on the bright side - Optifast is just temporary. A lot of people go into it thinking it will be the dietary equivalent of a root canal then go out of thinking hey... that was a breeze! It'll be OK!!

Most Active
Recent Topics