2 pre-op questions

Gorgeous84
on 5/9/12 1:31 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12
Hey all! Countdown is on with 7 days left on OPTI (surgery May 18- St. Joe's Hamilton)

1) I'm supposed to take Vit. K with juice on friday- how do I do that on OPTI- I haven't had anything bu****er while on opti- is that extra calories or do they know that and its for the greater good?

2) I realize its a long shot but does anyone recommend one firming lotion over the other? I have stretch marks already so I expect to be needing plastics anyway.

Thanks for the help- I go for my pre-op tomorrow but I'm not sure how RNY specific that is.

Kelsey
There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

Monica M.
on 5/9/12 1:35 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
don't know the vitamin k answer, my impulse would be to take it with juice, and that small amount wont make a big difference in the big picture

Stretch marks are damaged, torn tissue. It cannot be repaired. Nothing you put on your skin will change that. There is no firming lotion that will change the damage that is done.

your pre-op isn't all that RNY specific, so they may not be able to answer your VitK question, tho you could pop over to the Bariatric clinic and ask someone there.

Good luck!!!!

Tammy G.
on 5/9/12 2:40 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 When I took my vitamin K it was taken sublingually.....no juice needed.....just mixing it down with some optifast should be fine.

Good luck you are on the home stretch!!

Tammy 

msheavyhearted
on 5/9/12 6:45 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
You take it with juice. I think I used about 1/8-1/4 cup. Orange juice is best as it masks the sour flavour. I didn't notice any bad taste. Hamilton knows that you will have this minute amount of juice. Don't worry, it's not considered cheating. Enjoy it!

No help with the firming lotion. I'm destined to be plastics-bound.
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Gorgeous84
on 5/9/12 7:55 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12
Thanks for the support here- I appreciate all of you easing my worries!
There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

Most Active
Recent Topics