were you told not to drink from a straw?

prdmomof3
on 5/11/12 1:45 am - Canada
I remember hearing something when I first got my surgery not to drink from a straw...I see Mac's Milk have crystal lite frosters and I would love one!

Have any of you been told not to drink from a straw??

Michelle.

Monica M.
on 5/11/12 1:46 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i was told not initially, but at my 3 month appt the dietitian asked if i was able to tolerate it then. So i'm guessing its not a permanent thing.

crystal lite frosters...omg that sounds yummy..what flavours??

prdmomof3
on 5/11/12 1:54 am - Canada
The one I had the other day was Very Berry, it was awesome!  but I ate it with a spoon....lol..I am gonna tray a straw and see what happens

Hanneli xoxo
on 5/11/12 2:24 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
I had one recently too... it was SO FRIGGEN GOOD... AND only a dollar until AUGUST!! for any size not that I need an XL lol..

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/12 2:38 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
What flavour did you get?  They had a green apple one last summer and it was to die for.  I had many brain freezes from them.
birdiegirl
on 5/11/12 4:46 am

Brain freezes......we just cant stop ourselves from drinking something frozen too fast when it tastes great eh?  (convoluted grammar!)

Ok I am going to look for these...I am assuming zero or close to it calories?

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/12 4:51 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Honestly Barb I haven't a clue.  I thought they were as they say they are Crystal Light ones yet online some sites say they have calories and others say very few just like CL so I really don' t know.  I asked at Mac's and they had no idea.

I get a brain freeze from frozen margeritas too.  
birdiegirl
on 5/11/12 4:58 am

Does your eye twitch when you feel the freeze beginning?  my eyebrow literally dances....and not attractively!

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/12 5:00 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Yes my eyebrow twitches like crazy.  I only drink one now and then just in case the calories are on the high side like I see online.  I have a feeling they use SA to sweeten so it makes the calories higher but for net carbs most of us don't count those.  The green apple one was really good.  Throw in a shot of vodka and a perfect summer drink.
Lorieliz
on 5/11/12 2:12 am - Canada
The straw thing. I think the point is that you suck in air...can't help it, which would end up maybe hurting in your tummy post op. Air probably isn't something you need more of a that particlar point in time.

I think that anytime you use a straw you just have to be careful not to take excessive pulls, and be careful as you get near the bottom - don't "slurp" what's left - drink it.

Lori

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Most Active
Recent Topics