Senna Tea ?

Jason W.
on 5/23/12 8:07 pm - Canada
Had some really hard BM's lately and decided to try a natural remedy. The healthfood store recommended the Senna tea. I drank a cup last night. Has anyone else tried this with any success ? I feel like I'm trying to pass a buick every 2 days.

J
Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/12 9:56 pm
Btrue2u
on 5/23/12 10:12 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
A sugar substitute called XYLO that is the name brand the other name is XYLITOL.  It has a side affect of loose stool.  I was at the dietitian yesterday and she made me aware if i have too much but I`ve found jello is making a new pudding and moose with this sweetener, I have an allegery to aspartame.  This works great.   They come in packets like splenda too.  This new jello can be found in the yogurt section of Metro.  I have found Ive become quite regular.  The dietitian also approved this as a suitable substitute     I hope is helps.  Might i suggest the chocolate pudding make sure its XYLITOL because they make it with splenda too but that is found in the non perishable section with the other puddings and apple sauce .  
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/12 10:16 pm - Canada
 OK now jason.  BE REAL

our not passing a buick.  that rediculous.  everyone knows the biggest you can pass on a BM is a volkswagen.

LOL
Monica M.
on 5/23/12 10:21 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Jason, what you might need is a stool softener. Or add some bran to your diet. When i'm having difficulties, i add a couple of tablespoons of bran (the kind you use to make muffins, not bran flakes or bran buds) to my yogurt.

you need to soften up the buick.

Gabygee
on 5/23/12 10:55 pm - Canada
Jason, YES, i use Senna tea all the time.

That is to say, I now use it once a week, usually on a Friday night when I can take me time Saturday morning in evacuating the Buick.

I ALSO use Colace (stool softener) every ten days, for three days ina row. That keeps the Buick softer and easier to pass.

At the moment, that combo is working for me.

Bran is NOT the answer in my case - the added bulk make the mass too large to pass comfortably. You'll have to work out which mix/match works best for you.

bjalberta
on 5/23/12 11:20 pm - Canada
VSG on 03/20/12
I use a senna tea "Smooth Move" about once weekly.  It seems to do the trick and works overnight.  It really is the same as taking senna tablets.  I didn't really want to have to take laxatives at this point, but I think once weekly or so is ok.  Hopefully you find the combination of things that works for you when getting that buick out of the garage!! .. : )
                                                   HW 325     SW 303    CW 245.    GW  170
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/12 4:09 am
I get crampy with senna tea too. Get Natural Calm from your local health food store. It is magnesium that tastes like lemonade and it works over night. I take it every day now and it is great.
JJ_
on 5/24/12 6:46 am
So that is where my buick went!!  P.S.  I don't want it back.

When I had this issue, I read a post from Simona and how she ate some prunes to help her.  I like the natural aspect of prunes and like the sweetness of them too.  So I now regularly eat prunes as my evening snack.  I bought a big bag at Costco.

No more buicks or bricks or bleeding trying to pass stuff.

Good luck with this.

Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics