I need a bigger bottle

Lorieliz
on 5/31/12 8:04 am - Canada
WHINNEEEE

I have been very(dare I say patient) and trusting and today, in a brief moment of weakness, I called St.Joe's.

Bear in mind that moe than two months ago, my doctor's office called me at lesat THREE times (I wasn't home the first two) to tell me that rather than Guelph, which they had assumed, I was being referred to St. Joe's in Hamilton (I live in London)..

St. Joe's doesn't even have me on the radar.

Guelph (trying to cover my bases) said that it was usually a YEAR before you were called for orientation.

My doctor is on vacation until June 10.

Being the "always gets it done" Type A clenchparty that I am, I have begun to vibrate.

Thank Dr. Partridge for mindful meditation or I likely would have gone full on Rumpelstiltskin and pulled myself apart by my hair.

All deep breathing and talking to my toes aside, I am reallly disappointed. I almost thought of staying away from here because I am not even a tru newbie anymore,  I am a no-bie

I am done now, going to chew rocks...thank you for listening....

Dear Higher Power...please give Justin Bieber hot and cold running scoots....

Kay,done

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

JoolieBoolie
on 5/31/12 8:51 am - St. Thomas, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/11/12
If you live in London you should be going through the Windsor Assessment Centre.

HW 363lbs SW 283lbs
Btrue2u
on 5/31/12 9:28 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Chin up. We have all played the waiting game.  We wait for our doctor to refer us, and for them to call ,then for the orientation,then the surgeons appointment, then the nutrition class and the social worker nurse and dietion Then we wait for approval and then for the surgeon to call for your surgery date. Then we wait for opti.  THEN GUESS WHAT we YES WAIT FOR WHAT ....TO LOOSE THE WEIGHT .......this is what we do go from one line to the next.  Keep on trucking it`s a long frign ride and boy is it bumpy 
lilviolet
on 5/31/12 9:52 am - Canada
Why would she have to go through Windsor?  I'm in London and I've only been dealing with Guelph.
Kimmer75
on 5/31/12 10:54 am - London, Canada
 Windsor was picking up the slack for Guelph because it's so busy and draws from the largest geographical area. London was being sent there up until about 4 weeks ago. I found that out when I was going through my transfer from Windsor to Hamilton.  They told me that they were redoing the boundaries because the patients from London were being sent to the clinic the farthest away from them.  

Lori, sorry to hear your referral isn't there. Did you try contacting the actual registry to see if they received it at all from your dr???  They might be able to give you some info!!!
Good luck!!
JoolieBoolie
on 5/31/12 11:32 am - St. Thomas, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/11/12
Windsor was taking the London patients but I guess that has changed.  If you want to know which centre you will be going through you can go on  the Ontario Bariatric Registry website and type in the first half of your postal code and that should tell you.

http://www.bariatricregistry.ca/Ontario%20Bariatric%20Regist ry%20Referral%20Search.aspx

HW 363lbs SW 283lbs
challie
on 5/31/12 11:24 am
Good to see you still have a sense of humour about it.  Hope it all works out and thanks for the laugh!

Challie

Monica M.
on 5/31/12 1:20 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
ohhhhhhhhhhh man!!!!! that's crap!!!!!

i will be sending all sorts of positive energy your way. This WILL get sorted out!

hugs hugs hugs hugs

Lorieliz
on 6/1/12 3:39 am - Canada
THanks guys, yes, at the registry when I type in my postal code it has me going through Hamilton. I just don't get where they hump is...

No biggie, I will wait a wee****il my doctor gets back (just an aside - he has been my family doctor since I was 6, was desperately in love with my mother, just about fell to pieces when she died 2 years ago, and will pretty much move heaven and earth to make me and my boys happy) and then I will rain hellfire on his office until I get a confirmation in my hot big hands.

I don't have a problem waiting as the process unfolds, I just have a problem with incompetence and I absolutely HATE that I forced myself top be so trusting when, normally, I would have been on it weeks ago.

I was a leetle bit scared that bugging them would put me on the bottom of the pile. The squeeky wheel doesn't always get the greece.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Most Active
Recent Topics