Hi there!

TM-Doingitforme
on 6/8/12 5:26 am - Canada
I've been lurking on this site for a while and finally got up the nerve to join.  I have found this site to be a great resource as I made the decision to talk to my doctor about WLS and I am excited to say that my referral has been sent in and I now have a patient # at HRRH.  I don't know how long the next steps will take but I'm happy the ball is rolling.

I haven't told many people in my personal life yet about my decision to have WLS, just my husband, a good friend and I JUST told my boss, who is also a great friend.  But I feel really good about my decision and in the last couple days I feel like I'm getting positive reinforcement from all corners.  I never win anything and last night at my daughter's school fun fair I won sessions with a personal trainer as well as a Body Break Panini grill, LOL!  Also, when I spoke to my boss this afternoon about the time I might need off and not being sure if the company will approve the short-term disability she told me not to worry about it and worst case scenario if necessary we will figure out some kind of work at home arrangement, she is so supportive and happy for me. 

I just feel in a really good place at the moment and while I know that it is a long road ahead and nothing is going to be fixed over night I'm really happy to have someplace like this forum to come to talk about things, ask questions and learn from other people who know what I'm going through and have made the journey before me.   Thanks!
Karen M.
on 6/8/12 6:24 am - Mississauga, Canada
Welcome to the forum!  I'm glad you decided to join in and I look forward to getting to know you :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

sam1am
on 6/8/12 6:25 am
Welcome!  Nice to have you here and looking forward to getting to know you!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Btrue2u
on 6/8/12 6:26 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Well let me be the first to welcome you

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Btrue2u
on 6/8/12 6:27 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12

Okay they beat me to the punch

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Laurie C.
on 6/8/12 7:27 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
Welcome, you'll love this place.
LuAnne H.
on 6/8/12 8:01 am - London, Canada
Welcome to the Ontario Forum!!!  I look forward to hearing about your journey!

Lu

Referal Apr.17, 10   Orientation Feb.24, 11  !st  App (SW,NUT.RN) May 17, 11
2nd App (SM,NUT,RN) Jul. 7,11, Post-op Nut class Jan 13,12,  surgeon Feb27,12
surgery April 5,2012
hobbithands
on 6/8/12 8:49 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Welcome, you have found a great spot.

Laura H.
on 6/8/12 9:08 am - Canada
Welcome.  I love this site and the people.  I have received good advice thus far and know I will need more when I start the optifast and get a surgery date.  Good luck!

Laura H.

Heathergetbetter
on 6/8/12 9:13 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12
I echo the welcomes from everyone else. This is a great source of information. I look forward to hearing about your journey.
Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
Most Active
Recent Topics