Just starting out!

Karen M.
on 6/15/12 12:51 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Not at all.... the more they know about you and your habits the better they will be prepared to help you.
We were all in your spot once. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

cutekatie
on 6/15/12 12:45 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
I waited two months from referral to orientation.

In orientation you learn all about the process so most of the questions you are asking will be answered.

Behariroust wants to make sure you have supports to help and no sign of mental illness that can affect weight loss.

Dietician will make you show her your menu for a week and then make changes when you go back again.

Education class goes through in detail how you will eat after surgery. Surgeon is the shortest appt - you just sign the form.

I felt so comfortable and at ease with every part.

In terms of questions many of your questions will be answered as you go through the process so dont worry. Also be aware that each centre is different so watch out as answers conflict.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

cutekatie
on 6/15/12 12:50 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
I would suggest to read everything you can and to start eating how you would after surgery.
No caffeine alcohol smoking drugs. Food journal, lots of protein, lots of water, no eating out, exercise.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Btrue2u
on 6/15/12 10:56 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
By the way welcome

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

cheeky_monkey
on 6/18/12 12:38 pm - Ottawa ON, Canada
I'm going through the Ottawa clinic, you can see the dates for all my appointments on my timeline at the bottom of this post.

Referral:  April 2011 <> OrientationOttawa July 15, 2011  <> Nurse:  April 16, 2012 <> Abdominal Ultrasound:  May 2, 2012 <> Behaviourist/Dietitian:  May 8, 2012 <> Education Class: July 11, 2012 <> Meet the Surgeon: July 31, 2012 <> Surgery Date: August 27, 2012

michellealana
on 6/20/12 1:31 pm
When do    i get weighed in? just confused about something. Everyone is posting about trying to change eating now and lose weight prior to surgery, but hving been a yo-yo dieter for my whole life- just do not want to mess this up for myself as my BMI is about 41. Not trying to "screw" the system, but just do not want to ruin my chances. 
Hope this makes sense! 
Sorry about the spelling and grammar-my blackberry does not like this site!
Most Active
Recent Topics