Minigo's Yogurt

Tracey H.
on 6/23/12 2:18 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
Has anyone tried Minigo's as a yogurt/milk food choice?

The stats look pretty decent; however, it's about 6g of sugar coming from sugar naturally found in milk (lactose), in fruits (fructose) and in sugar cane.

They have as much calcium as in a glass (125ml) of milk.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried and dumped?

Thanks!

Tracey 

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/12 2:39 am, edited 6/23/12 2:47 am - Straford, Canada
Most sugar comes naturally from sugar cane.  I would imagine this would be smooth and sweet, for a serving has 6% of your daily saturated fat content and twice as many carbs as proteins.  

I have not tried and with greek yoghurt containing 18g protein per serving with no fat, low carbs, add some frsh raspberries/banana/strawberries/whatever to add flavour, the greek yoghurt would be my choice.  
Laurie C.
on 6/23/12 2:46 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
I like the Greek Yogurt and this sounds a little dessertish but because I'm only 2 weeks out, I mix 1 ounce greek yogurt and 1 ounce jello fat and sugar free chocolate pudding and voila it's tangy mousse.  mmmmm and it's good for me.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

msheavyhearted
on 6/23/12 3:00 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
I eat Minigo all the time. Yes, it's a bit high in sugar but I'm not bothered by the amount in one. If I end up eating two of them it's a little more touchy - depending on what I eat with it. I haven't  had a full on dump but I was quite nauseated. I use them more of a dessert source than a meal source when I'm craving something sweet.

I know some people on the boards are very anti-carb but having healthy ones in my diet have not slowed my weight loss at all. If you are sensitive to carbs you may wish to stick with unsweetened Greek yogurt.
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

macrobug1
on 6/23/12 4:46 am
 Lately I have been eating the plain greek yogart with a shot of SF syrup. I particularily like irish cream in it. I hope I will still like it post op
Tracey H.
on 6/23/12 3:28 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Thanks everyone!

I am somewhat sensitive to artificial sweeteners so I was looking for a food choice that didn't have any.

Tracey

Most Active
Recent Topics