In panic mode re: plastics cost $$$

Nathalie_Can
on 7/1/12 6:19 am
Another question if you don't mind...I got a little confused with the days and companion...my husband will come with me and I wanted to know is the 12 days is from surgery date to when you leave or is it 3 days of clinic and 9 days of hotel so I'll pay the 3 days my husband will be there?

TIA

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Bonnie ABC
on 7/1/12 8:15 am, edited 6/30/12 8:18 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
If you bring a companion, your husband, then his whole stay is paid for. Not a 600 credit on his flight, but while you are in the clinic, for however long Dr. S deems you need to stay for, your husband will stay in your hotel room. No problemo :) Now, all of the bonuses are based on you paying over 7,000 for your surgery. So the two sets of garments, the implants, the hotel, the airfare credit, all covered, if your bill is over 7,000 with him. If under, then you pay for the above.
The hotel has a breakfast each morning, and you can ask for a fridge and take enough for lunch, or wander over to the italian place or Applebees, or Mcdonalds, as they are right beside the hotel. As well as Starbucks. There are food places in the mall as well, a food court, but I never feel like greasy food. The Italian place is very nice, but Applebees for me is too salty. There is also a grocery store, almost like a small walmart in the mall. It's called HEB, and you can get all sorts of good stuff there too. The car industry in Detroit relocated to Monterrey, so depending on when you fly in, you might be the only woman on the plane lol. But because of that, and that the hotel is a Hilton, most of the business men stay there. Americans. So they have two finger food and beer nights as well. They all fly in on the Sunday night and fly out on the Thursday night. So it might be Mon and Wed? I can't remember. I spent little honestly. With only having to look after supper, and you know, there are leftovers lol. Once you get the restriction of the tummy tuck, you eat less too. Your body will burn far more calories, so you have to eat though. The money that I spent was a tour of the caves, so beautiful. And tips. They don't make much money, so grocery store help, taxi and cleaning lady at the hotel were all given tips. And Patty, she is an angel. You might not get to meet her as she must almost be full term now, but man, that girl can work all night at the hospital and show up to your door in the morning to shower you, wash your garments and re-dress you. We tip her alot. She is well worth it.
Feel free to ask any further questions.
eta, sorry, forgot the days question. I arrived on Sunday, surgery Monday. Back at the hotel on Wed, stayed until the following Saturday. So 13 days total, but two of those were in travel.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
JennR
on 7/1/12 6:45 am
When my mortgage was up for renewal we got extra to pay down a line of credit that had creeped up when my husband was out of work. With the interest rates the way they are now I'm sure it saved us 1000's in interest. Anyway I have a line of credit sitting and waiting for plastics if I need it but I am also saving. It will be worth whatever has to be paid and however I have to pay for it. From what I remember Joy saying about her plastic assessment OHIP is not even paying the whole amount of the panni any longer.

brenda65
on 7/1/12 7:46 am - Ottawa, Canada
I know someone that just had plastic surgery 2 weeks she said she got what she called a "medicard" which is basically a medical loan.
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

twins4meplus1
on 7/1/12 12:36 pm - St Thomas, Canada
Lots of people go through this whole journey and never do plastics at all.
I waited until my weight was stable and my skin had time to adjust to my new weight before I even went for a consult. I had my first plastics when I was about 2 years out from RNY. I borrowed from my hubbies retirement funds (thanks dear) and self paid for my tummy and arms and OHIP covered my breast reduction. Here in Ontario each area of the body will cost 6-7K. Most suegeons will give a discount if you combine a couple of sugeries together. Most will not do more then 2 areas at a time though. A lower body lift runs about 12-13K.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader