Crush "llight" Slurpee beware

flyingwoman
on 7/5/12 1:34 am
 Hi folks,

Since I saw the Timmy's lemonade post, I thought I'd warn about this...

7-11 stores have Crush Cream Soda light slurpees that are advertised as having 30% less calories and says they are sweetened with artificial sweetners (sucralose and erythrytol). 

Don't be fooled. The first ingredient is still sugar:30 g per small.

I bought one the other day ( I have been searching for the ellusive crystal light Slurpee forever) and took it home on my bike, hoping beyond hope that it was as advertised. I didn't even mind if it had some cals, as long as it actually was low/no sugar.

And down the drain it went. Le sigh.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
ToNewBeginnings
on 7/5/12 2:05 am
I'm confused  ...so the first ingredient is sugar and then the rest of the sweetness is artificial sweeteners?

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/12 2:09 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Yep that is what they do.  They replace some of the sugar with sweetener. The crystal light slurpees are the same so beware. They aren't true crystal light as the base of the slurpees always have real sugar.  IMO it's a scam to fool people into thinking it's SF when it is just sugar reduced.
ToNewBeginnings
on 7/5/12 2:11 am
Man that 's evil .

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/12 2:14 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
That's what my local Mac's told me but I emailed corporate to find out for sure.  I will post if they ever answer me.  I would hope that it was truly SF especially since they use Crystal Light's name and they are known for being SF.
Robin H.
on 7/5/12 2:44 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
wow great info I was going to have one of the crystal light ones the other day I guess not now

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/12 2:47 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Just heard back from Macs and my local one was wrong.   So basically it is just the 5 calories per cup or whatever so still a good choice.

Hi Tracey,
The nutrional value for the frosters is virtually the same by volume as the off the shelf varieties of the same products.  So you can get the nutritional information for the crystal light frosters from Kraft Canada's website. www.kraft.ca
Thank you very much for your inquiry.  
Hanneli xoxo
on 7/5/12 12:41 pm, edited 7/5/12 12:41 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
hah I was just coming to reply to this and noticed Macs replied to you.. all the research I have done online found no sugar in the CL frosters.. but the 7/11 Slurpee (crush light) had lots.. go figure!!

I am enjoying a CL very berry pink froster as we speak GUILT FREE!!! heheheh!

Thanks for contacting them and finding out.. I was freaking out a bit because it is one of my summer (non)guilty pleasures!

flyingwoman
on 7/5/12 2:24 am
 Yup, on the machine it says sucralose and erythrytol but on the website, sugar/glucose-fructose is the biggest ingredient. 

http://www.slurpee.ca/flavours/crush-nutritional/

Evil.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Most Active
Recent Topics