Grumpy???

Arlio1207
on 7/6/12 8:01 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13
 I am new to the site and came on for some additional support. but......Is it just me or is everyone grumpy cause of the heat? I have read some the message boards and I see people calling other out, criticizing, being down right mean. Now I am not perfect nor do I claim to be, I don't always have the correct advise or info to provide. But if ever the day comes that I join I sight for support and someone tries that kinda of crap with me.... I think I'd sooner look else where. Seriously, I thought this was a drama free support site.... 
Btrue2u
on 7/6/12 8:45 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Generally it is ...drama free.....but that said  some people have strong opinions and beliefs ...  some just don't sugar coat it and some are just blunt.  Sometimes that is what is needed other times not so much. You take the good with the bad I guess.   Everyone has different way of looking at things     
IMHO

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/12 8:58 am
This really is a great site for support. You have to take some things with a grain of salt. I know I would've been lost without the guidance & help people here have given me - both with the surgery & with personal issues.
Blu-Diva
on 7/6/12 9:13 am - Hamilton, Canada
There is always a bad apple in the basket. and ditto for what btrue2u said. 

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Brenda T.
on 7/6/12 9:25 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I don't know where I would have been if it weren't for this site. Take what you want from it and leave the rest. Mostly it is a great supportive place, and don't forget, you can't hear a persons tone, so it might not have been said as harsh as it read.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/6/12 9:27 am - Windsor, Canada
 Stay for the people you want to hear from.  Ignore the people you don't care for.  Plain and simple :/)
There is a block feature if you want to use it. 

There are many different personality types on the board.  Some give tough love and don't sugar coat. 
Sometimes people benefit from that.  

This board is no different than real life.   Some people will inspire you, some you may not care for and others will just **** you off.  Lol

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/12 10:19 am - Straford, Canada
 What Dawn said!  This group has been very supportive, a great source for all kinds of stuff for me.  But I always go by the motto, "F**k 'em if they can't take a joke", so I tend to ignore the negatives.  Being too sensitive would not have availed me of the wealth of experience others have here.  Relax and enjoy the ride!  Ian  
debralight
on 7/6/12 10:49 am - Canada
Not all support is pink rainbows and purple puddles. Some of the most helpful things you can hear can be those things you don't want to hear...
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Feralgirl
on 7/6/12 11:14 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/29/12
And don't forget the hormones
I know I had moments of WLS-zilla type grouchyness (IRL).
But yes sometimes there's a bit of tough love, just don't take it as a personal attack. :) 

RNY Date - June 29th 2012

Gall Bladder out Jan 17 2013

Arlio1207
on 7/7/12 12:54 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13
 I thank all of you that posted a reply. Atleast you all seem level headed !!! It just seemed like all the posts I read yesterday were a little harsh, and I am not by nature a sensitive reader. especially in these days of email communication. Its all I seem to do at work, push emails. LOL An you are all right, not all support is "pink rainbows and purple puddles" ( I am sure I got that wrong ) However I just thought that some of the stuff was harsh and not really the time and place to do it. But you cant control what other ppl say or do. And it was in no way directed towards me. I was just sayin......... Hope you all have a fantastic weekend !!!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics