Chewable Vitamins

formerlythebigguy
on 8/4/12 10:08 am
I am six months post op and sick of taking vitamins. Is there a chewable vitamin on the market that would work for us post op? What are you guys taking? Thanks everyone.
slrm2m2
on 8/4/12 10:25 am - Canada
 I take a couple of different types of chewable vitamins.  I buy Centrum 50+ chewables but also stock up on the Centrum chewable from the U. S. when I go cross border shopping.  I also buy Bariatric Advantage chewable multivitamins from the Shoppers Drug Mart at Toronto Western Hospital.  The vitamins all have slightly different formulas and I tend to mix them up, so I take 2 different ones each day.  I figure I'm getting exposed to a broader spectrum of vitamins that way.

I'm also 6 months out and I know that I could change to non-chewables, but I like the chewables for some reason.  They actually seem like a treat.  I also take the chewable bariatric advantage calcium and iron.  They are tasty.  I take a chewable Vitamin D and C from Jameison.  I get a B12 shot from my doc.
Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

JJ_
on 8/4/12 10:56 am
I take the Kirkland Brand (Costco) multivitamins.  200 in a bottle for not a lot of $$.  They are not chewable.  I dropped chewables at 3 months out.  At 2 months I started slicing up the chewable to swallow smaller pieces.  Then I switched to a regular multivitamin.

Personally that was the best decision for me.

Judy
Nathalie_Can
on 8/4/12 11:08 am
I take the Bariatric Advantage chewable vits

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Tammy G.
on 8/4/12 11:26 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 Yep, I am 6 months out as well and I still enjoy the chewables.....I use the Vita Vim chewables....Shoppers Drug Mart and Wal-Mart both carry them as well as Real Canadian Superstore.

Tammy 

PatXYZ
on 8/5/12 4:09 am
Be careful with these, I believe some centres stopped recommending them as they do not have any Selenium in them.
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/12 12:57 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
 Chewable gummie bears for adults at Costco. Lol
JJ_
on 8/4/12 7:08 pm

I do not think any of the Chewable Gummie vitamins have all the vitamins and minerals needed.  Please double check with your bariatric centre.

Judy

debralight
on 8/4/12 1:49 pm - Canada
Centrum Select 50 plus chewables.

Get used to taking vitamins. You might be sick of it but its a life long committment
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

brenda65
on 8/4/12 3:03 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Amen! i was waiting for someone to post that about the life long commitment
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

Most Active
Recent Topics