Vacation

Arlio1207
on 9/21/12 2:40 pm - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13
So I am going on a well deserved family vacation to St Lucia. And as much as I dream about it (we leave next Sunday) I am also filled wih fears. I have a great swimsuit that is flattering and not so bad, but I have other fears. Like .....how embarrassed am I going to be when I have to ask the flight attendant for a seatbelt extention? I know how small those seatbelts and seats are.Will I be able to walk and sight see without my back and feet killing me? Will I be able to keep up with my ten yr old son and make his vacation as good as it can be? My husband is originaly from St Lucia so he has many places to take us and things to do and see. I am disappointed I wont be able to zip line, or tube behind a boat. Climb the volcano there or trudge along the beach , walking in the sand is extra hard. I hope to have surgery in the spring or summer so maybe when I go back in 2 yrs I can do the things I want to there. So YA for vaca, BOO for my 277 lb body......

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/12 2:56 pm - Straford, Canada
 Nothing you can do about the size right now, so f**k that, enjoy yourself, go till you drop and sleep well, then go till you drop and so on!  Have fun, be grand!  

ps. have lots of pics taken with you in them, you'll LOVE looking at them post op esp when you go back in a few years and line the pics up side by side!  
Vi-Vi
on 9/21/12 2:56 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 Hi Arlene, I know how you feel about the seat belt, walking, zip line but I'm sure you'll have fun or at least try!  Next time you go in 2 years you'll know exactly what to do and where to go!  Enjoy!!
Kathleen11
on 9/21/12 3:51 pm - Burlington, Canada
 Discretely ask for the seatbelt extender as soon as you walk on the plane.  They will discretely deliver you one :) 
mermaidz
on 9/21/12 5:01 pm - Brampton, Canada
Like Ian says, f**k that! lol..

The stewardess's see "lovable large" every day. Kathleen is right-they will deliver one to you discreetly.

Zip-lining? did it.. OH MY GAWD.. did my crotch every HURT!. Ya ain't missing nuthin there babe! lol.. Now mind you I was 220 at the time but we're not built for that stuff. Either that or there's a secret to doing it no one told ME about (cringes)

This might also be a great time for your hubby and son to bond if the activity is too much for you. I've been there, done that. Let them go do some stuff together, and you can enjoy the sun shine

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Arlio1207
on 9/21/12 10:57 am, edited 9/21/12 10:57 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13
 Wow you guys are too much.    Ian you are so funny !!! Definitely made me laugh and feel better. I will take the advice on asking for the belt extension as soon as I get on the plane. I dont wanna shout it down the aisles. As for the zip lining ouchies....maybe I will pass on that even when I lose weight. LOL I will take lots of pics especially for my befores. And then I can compare the next time I go back. Thanks guys for the boost of confidence. I guess this time, its time to say F**K IT !!!!! and enjoy vaca. Anything is better than being at work for a week !!!!
Vi-Vi
on 9/21/12 6:08 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 Now you got it!  Sounds like you'll be having fun!  Better than work for sure!!  
Btrue2u
on 9/21/12 8:40 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
No worries girl just relax on the beach and ask the cabana boy to bring you drinks lol.  Being waited on hand and foot ohhh the life.  The next time you go the guys will have a hard time keeping up with you.  Have a great time ...I will miss you and don't forget my postcard   

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Arlio1207
on 9/22/12 6:06 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13
 Aww thanks Jenn, I wont forget your post card !!!! I am going do just what you said !!! There is a bar right on the beach, I think wouldnt mind sitting back with a couple of drinks on the beach. I am not much of a drinker, but 2 or 3 wont hurt. Wont be able to do that post surgery. But like I said, I am not much of drinker. One whole week of work left, how ever will I concentrate????????????

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Monica9811
on 9/22/12 7:10 am - Peterborough, Canada
I am in the same boat as you and we are going to Mexico in November and January!  The stewardess are great to give you a seatbelt extender quietly on the side-what I did was kept mine after the first time I needed one so it goes every where with me now and I never need to ask.  When I don't need it anymore I will leave it behind for them.  Have a great time on your trip!
Most Active
Recent Topics