Want to start 'pay it forward' thread weekly

katzmeow13
on 2/10/13 8:08 am
This week DH and I have done some 'cleaning house'
We boxed up about 200-250 books and brought them to a used bookstore... The woman we left them with was so flustered that we wouldn't take store credit... So we said.... Either give the store credit to the tenth customer or give it to someone in need.
Today... We met Jen, who had mentioned having difficulty finding summer clothes for her cruise, and filled her trunk with 4 1/2 big bags of clothes... Never even thought for a second of selling any of these items... I had thought of second chances, but the seem to have strict restriction of when and how they will accept items.
At Christmas. I bought a toy Elmo guitar and sadly it has been in our guest room ever since because there is no local gift drive.... Looks like Jen will find it a happy home as well.
I'm not sharing this for people to say nice things to me... It's a reminder that doing things for other people can make you feel awesome.
I remember when I lived downtown Ottawa.... On days if I was feeling grumpy for no reason... I would go to the by ward market... The flowers there were relatively inexpensive.... I'd buy three or four dozen... Break them up into 8-9 bunches and go deliver them to friends family and people I'd see daily /weekly.
The look of shock and then the smiles...putting people in a good mood... It's contagious.
So do something little this week... Then come back here and post about it... We can spread the joy.
May we all have a little weight to loose, and happiness to gain
Kat

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

izzyw13
on 2/10/13 8:54 am - Mississauga Ontario, Canada

L0VE THIS!!! I am in....

Isobel....
isobelsmall.gif picture by lynnca1972

RidingFan
on 2/10/13 9:10 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

Great idea, love it!

Last week I was in a long Timmie's line for morning coffee (on my cell phone of course for the wait) and then pulled forward too far and passed the darn  intercom.  I had to get out of my car and run back, the guy behind me just smiled and let me yell in my order in front of him.  When I got to the window I paid for his order too.  I guess that was a "pay it forward and backward" and it got a smile from the Timmie's  cashier too!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

HopefulBee
on 2/10/13 9:17 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13
Love it

Referral from family doctor: April 2011

Surgery date: JAN 18, 2013 @ St Joe's Hamilton with Dr. Anvari

truckingbride
on 2/10/13 11:12 am - Harriston , Canada

im out in fort mcmurray right now on vacation, my friend gave me all her free passes for the pool so i could take the kids swimming today i gave away a brand new pair of jeans to some random lady and a bag full of diapers that i had to buy at the airport that i didnt have room for in my suit case.

Amanda F.
on 2/10/13 1:22 pm - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13
I've been a firm believer in paying it forward for years. It's sort of why I'm studying to be a social worker. I am known amongst my friends and family for giving any food/beverage related gift cards I receive to the homeless. I also always give my valid parking passes to strangers when I leave a pay parking lot.

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

Most Active
Recent Topics