What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

TanyaLH
on 9/10/14 6:55 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

15 months post op

steps 8651

Morning all,

This is my Friday, one day off, work the weekend.

Karen, thoughts and pray for your Mom for a speedy recovery and an uneventful surgery on Friday. ( I did read that properly right, pacemaker going in Friday?)

Didn't get my last walk in yesterday because of the constant downpour...lots of flash flooding here. Anyone else get the rain like that?

B- 1/3 cup source yogurt, 1/3 cup FF cottage cheese, 2 tbs Mary Jane, protein coffee

S- spinach smoothie

L- 1 med egg muffin w/ 1 cup garden salad

D- 3 oz chicken breast w/ grilled mushrooms, onions and peppers, 2 bites mashed potato

S- 6 sl cucumber w/ 2 tbs humus

be well everyone

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 9/10/14 7:45 pm

RNY  5 Years 5 Months Post Op

Morning

What is a Mary Jane?...lol...I know the shoes but not the food named this. 

A full day ahead for me with meetings and appointments.  Getting a mani/pedi worked in there so I look good at school this weekend.  Plus I am so ready for some nice dark fall colors on my fingers and toes.  Tasking a cooler with my eats for lunch/snack and water so I eat and drink properly

STEPS - 4800

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1 Quest protein bar

S - 1/2 cup of yogurt with berries and 1 TB of granola

D - 1 panko crusted tilapia filet

asparagus

S - 3 wasa with 1/2 cup of shredded habanero melted on top

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,115,  Carbs - 94 Grams,  Fat - 41 Grams,  Protein - 105 grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

TanyaLH
on 9/11/14 8:48 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Hi Barb,

Mary Jane is made by the same company that make Holy Crap cereal, Mary Jane is organic hemp. I love it in my yogurt :)

TES
on 9/10/14 11:13 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Good morning my lovelies! Hope everyone has a great Thursday.  Not too much planned for today other than work.  If the weather cooperates, I'll get out for a stroll afterwards and then the usual housework followed by an evening of cat-cuddling and boyfriend-time-spending.

Today's menu:

BREAKFAST

Decaf coffee

a little cream

Quest bar (cookies & cream - YUM!)

Morning Snack

1/2 single serving pack of beef jerky

LUNCH

3 slices of deli turkey breast

1 Baby Bel light

1 Dill pickle (love me some pickles!!!)

Afternoon Snack

Hummous

Couple of baby carrots

DINNER

Chili garlic rubbed salmon (broiled)

Mashed cauliflower

Zizzler
on 9/11/14 12:35 am

Last Thursday before back to work. Have family visiting from out of town so will be having lunch with them, not sure where but will stick to my plan, taking the leftovers home with me.  Tried eating 1/6 of a quest bar last night and it went ok, I made sure to eat it really slowly and chew chew chew.  It was the apple one.  Tastes good and portable, lots of protein, so I will be keeping one in my bag from now on as an emergency snack.  Plan to get in 40 mins of cycling at the gym, feels good to be able to do more exercise.

4 weeks post op tomorrow - wow!

b - banana chocolate protein shake with multivitamin and b12

s - protein coffee, calcium

l - not sure, mostly protein with a little veg

s - cucumber slices with smoked herring, calcium

d - extra lean beef meatballs with san marzano tomato sauce and parmesan cheese

s - sihouette sf grk yogurt

before bed - grape Dasani with meds, vit d, omega vitamin, any missing vits if applicable

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Patm
on 9/11/14 12:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all.The wind and rain last night was pretty wild. When I left home this morning it seemed warm still. By the time I got to the doctors it was colder. I am not dressed for this.

Saw my ophthalmologist this morning. The new drops have my eye almost back to normal. It is awesome. Since my rx has changed yet again I may get new glasses.

Karen I hope your mom does well. My mom had one years ago and sailed thorough it. Sure helped her.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

s hummus and carrot

l 3 deli slice with cheese slice, kraft SF pudding

s pure protein bar

d going to a pot luck so will eat the turkey meatballs I am bringing with peanut sauce and someones salad

s probably will not eat one

cal 1109, carb 77.3, prot 77.8

Onward and
Downward

on 9/11/14 1:56 am, edited 9/11/14 1:57 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning everyone! Well, almost afternoon, I guess.  After the Toronto East Enders coffee night last night, I went out with my husband to a bar with a friend of ours and stayed out until past midnight. Had too much red wine, but was down a pound this morning anyhow. Interesting. And happily, no RH reaction to wine - perhaps because I ate something substantial before going out so it wasn't on an empty stomach. Anyhow, I'm happy I can still drink wine. Thank goodness!

I stuck to plan yesterday (except for the wine) and ate all my meals and snacks and tested my blood at intervals (usually about 2 hours after eating to see whether what I had eaten triggered a reaction), and everything went really well. So I guess I'm getting the hang of this thing, figuring out the triggers and avoiding them. I'm also happy that whole fruit coupled with something with protein in it doesn't seem to trigger it despite the sugar in fruit. I haven't been courageous enough to try a piece of fruit by itself yet since the symptoms started last week.

So I'm basically having the same thing today as I did yesterday throughout the day because it's easy.

1 YEAR, 10 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 fried egg on 1 slice whole grain toast

S - 1 apple and 1/2 package of edamame beans (I'm really enjoying edamame as a snack!)

L - 1 slice of P28 bread, spread with salmon salad (salmon, mayo, dillweed and pepper), topped with sliced cherry tomatoes as an open-faced sandwich

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda with a sliced peach on top

D - Not sure...will have to think about it. Yesterday I ended up having a slice of whole grain bread spread with liverwurst, and then a chicken stick with tzatziki at the coffee night. I didn't take any meat out of the freezer, so I'm not sure at this point what I'm making. Maybe I should pick up a rotisserie chicken or something. Might be an idea.

S - Maybe a skim milk cappuccino with some splenda or stevia. Or perhaps just a glass of skim milk.

Have a great day, everyone! And good luck to your mom, Karen. I'm sure she'll sail through it. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

new_me180
on 9/11/14 3:39 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Hi all, 10 1/2 months post op

Today is a lazy day for me, nothing planned. It rained really hard here in Kitchener yesterday and it's kinda cool today, just the way i like it. Surgeons office called me today, the doc want me to have an endoscopy next month to check for a possible ulcer. Gah, i hate that. I do think i have another one though coz i've been having pain and nausea with food. Story of my life.

I didn't manage to eat all my planned food yesterday which left me at 570 cals and only 53g protein. The NUT told me not to worry too much as long as i can get in 40 - 60 g. So i didn't force it.

Today i'm going to try and eat:

B   -  scrambled egg with half a slice of swiss cheese and tbs salsa, bite WW english muffin.

L   -  1/4 mackerel in water.

D  -   1.5oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup mixed veg.

S   -  1.5 oz chicken breast, 1/2 pure protein bar

water - 72 oz, no exercise rest day.

Cals 484, portein 62g

Have a nice day, 

Nia

crqvingchange
on 9/11/14 5:29 am, edited 9/11/14 5:36 am

Hello everyone.  I am late posting due to internet connection problems.  This has been on and off for the past few weeks.  Today was Aquafit in the morning, tomorrow is the dreaded AquaCycle.  

8 weeks post-op

B. Chike coffee before swimming and after 1oz smoked salmon topped with a small poached egg and 1T Hollandaise made without butter

S. second Chike protein coffee

L. Blackened halibut, the last of the cheesy grits (1 1/2 oz) sauteed peppers

S. Syntrax Nectar fuzzy-navel protein drink

D. 1/4 cup whole wheat pasta, 1/4 cup marinara, 1 oz turkey spinach meatball

S. Liberte 0% Greek Yogurt mixed with Yoplait super fruit yogurt, latte

MFP totals Cal 847, Carbs 59, Fat 21, Protein 106

Have a great rest of the day

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/14 9:35 am
Revision on 09/23/14

2 week pre-op diet.

B-Unjury protein shake