What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

TanyaLH
on 1/3/15 5:21 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

19 months post op

steps 11591

Morning all,

I am off and running this morning, Hopefully the roads are clear of ice from the freezing rain we got yesterday/last night.

Work and the gym today

B protein coffee, sm banana, 1 source greek yogurt

S 1/3 c ff cottage cheese w/ 1/2 tomato

L Spicy peanut satay tuna (85 gr) 3 melba rounds, 4 sl cuccumber

D 3 sl turkey bacon 1 c sweet kale salad 

s- tea, 1 greek yogurt

Be well everyone

Tanya

Onward and
Downward

on 1/3/15 10:51 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hey Tanya, enjoy your run.

Yesterday was not a great eating day for me. Didn't stick to plan, didn't get much exercise...oh well. Today's a new day.

Today I'm off to the family dinner. I'm going to try to bring stuff that is good for me to eat and stick to it for the snacking portion of the evening...we'll see how that goes. I'll bring a bunch of edamame beans for everyone to snack on if they like, that way I won't feel like I'm eating "diet food" while everyone else gets the good stuff.  So glad they're serving chili tonight!

So, lots to do this morning. I have to prepare the guacamole I'm bringing (hopefully the avocados are just right), and also wrap the gifts we're bringing for everyone. Last holiday gathering, thank goodness! No more wrapping, etc. 

2 YEARS POST-RNY

B - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix

L - 50g smoked salmon on 1 slice of toasted P28 bread, spread with light cream cheese, topped with dill and capers

S - (This is where the nibbling will happen at the family gathering) 1/2 pkg of edamame beans, guacamole with veggies, probably some kind of cheese and crackers if they have any.

D - A bowl of chili, probably a sliver of cornbread since my sister-in-law is bringing her homemade stuff, and hopefully that's it.

S - Please no dessert. Please no dessert. Please no dessert.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone! (If it's a weekend for you, that is...)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

crqvingchange
on 1/3/15 11:44 pm

Hello everyone.  Yesterday was such a fun day with my friend in Toronto.  We went to the AGO and saw 2 exhibits and had a little stop at Pusateri's to buy some outrageous prices gourmet items (all on plan) and then we had an hour long foot massage.  The only down side was the hour and a half drive home on the 401 which was like a skating rink in areas, you'd think that they would have salted the 401 given that they had a lot of notice about the storm.

Today I have piles of laundry to attend to, then visiting the neighbours this afternoon.

5 months post op

B. Big mug of decaf and some scrambled eggs with smoked salmon

L. 4 large shrimp with a spicy dipping sauce 

S. Decaf at the neighbour's house

D. New Orleans BBQ shrimp

S. Cheese string before bed

Have a great day everyone

Zizzler
on 1/4/15 12:47 am

Good morning everyone!  It has been a nice holiday but it is back to work tomorrow

Have some housework to do today, but will be spending time practicing mindfulness, doing cbt charts of my thoughts, and writing in my gratitude journal.  This always helps me feel more peaceful and centred.  Will either work out at home or go to the gym.  Pretty icy so tempting to stay in today if possible.

b - 2 psyllium egg crepe/wrap with a little nsa jam

l - premier protein shake, decaf orange pekoe tea with milk and sucralose

s - plain greek ygurt with sf syrup, a little frozen fruit

d - leftover crockpot chicken barbacoa from freezer, fried bell peppers and onions to use them up, plain greek yogurt

s - a little oatmeal with whey protein milk, almonds, sucralose

all vits and water

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

ArleneAnne
on 1/4/15 1:19 am - Oakville, Canada

Greetings

I am finally 4 weeks post op and seem to be more than ready to move into the soft food stage !!!!  "Owlette" .... the name of my new tummy .... seems to be liking everything that I give her except the protein powder .... she knots up in a ball if I give her the Body Fortress Isolate that I bought from Walmart and now does not even really even like the Protein Plus from Superstore ..... should I keep trying with the Walmart one (Natch I bought the BIG bottle ) .... or should I give up at this point ? .... and is there anything else that I could be using at this stage ?

B - 1/4 c apple sauce + 1 tbs of Protein Plus

- 1/4 c cottage cheese + 1 tbs of Protein Plus

- 1/4 c strawberry yogurt + 1 tbs of Protein Plus

- 1/3 RIPE banana

S - one bottle Boost for Diabetic

L - 1/3 little can of Tuna (not sure what flavours are still in cupboard)

- 1/4 cup strawberry Yogurt + 1 tbs Protein Plus

- 1/3 cup canned fruit ****tail (well rinsed)

S - 1 bottle of Boost for Diabetics

D - 3 oz Fish (Basa) - baked

- 1/4 c sweet potato

- 1/4 c canned veg of some sort (hubby will surprise me .... he is doing the cooking tonight !)

- 1/4 c rinsed fruit ****tail

s - 6 oz glass of Skim Milk

Not sure if this is enough Protein ? ...... comments PLEASE ???????

Zizzler
on 1/4/15 1:59 am

Your menu looks good to me, and it is awesome that you are posting.  Welcome!

Fruit ****tail I could not eat at all until 2 months post op, just too fibrous to sit well and filled me up too fast. Are you able to comfortably eat a cup of food and more per meal at 4 weeks?  I still have trouble eating a cup at meals sometimes and I am 4.5 months post op.  Could this be why your pouch is angry?  Just a thought.  If so, maybe try smaller meals for now? Have you tried the plain protein from bulk barn?  If not, it is worth a try, you can buy a little to see if you like it.  If you are unsure you are getting enough protein you can use myfitnesspal, it is free. easy to use, and gives you your nutritional stats. Your centre can advise you as to how much protein you need, mine told me 67g per day minimum but yours may have different advice base on your height etc.  Hope you keep posting on here, it really helps us to stay on track, well worth the small effort of posting.  Let us know how thing go.

Karen M.
on 1/4/15 5:56 am - Mississauga, Canada

Arlene, plug your menu into myfitnesspal.com so you can track not only your protein intake, but take a good look at your carbs when you do as well.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crstalww
on 1/4/15 5:29 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
Daily food
Shake chocolate 40 gr protein
Snack cottage cheese and Greek yogurt. Lunch tomato with cottage cheese and 4 on steak pm snack cottage cheese spoon full peanut butter and dinner soup which kind don't know yet and bedtime snack shake

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Karen M.
on 1/4/15 5:54 am - Mississauga, Canada

Afternoon all :)

Back to work tomorrow so doing lots of prep (wardrobe and food mostly lol), wild card nfl games, took the tree down, cleaned the house. Big whoop. ;)

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake sipped alongside my morning coffee

S - Greek yogurt, halo orange

L - 1/2 grilled bacon and cheese with tomato sandwich

S - 3 chicken wings with a little bleu cheese dip, carrot sticks

D - small piece of leftover lasagna (must freeze the rest, it's too yummy)

S - not sure yet

Back to real life tomorrow - enjoy your evening!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics