Glucerna as a protein shake?

Peppermint73
on 3/21/15 7:08 am - Canada

Hi all.  I am 5 days post op and I am have having a hard time with these protein shakes. I have bought 3 different inds in this time. They all make me sic to my stomach. I like the beneprotien I had in the hospital and have ordered that but in the mean time while I’m waiting the few days. I’m diabetic and use to drink Glucerna all the time and loved it. It has 11G of protein in it. Can I drink that post op?

crqvingchange
on 3/21/15 9:33 am

I think in the first few weeks after surgery the centres are more lenient and would say Glucerna is fine. You can call them for suggestions on Monday if your Beneprotein is going to be a while before it arrives.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Peppermint73
on 3/21/15 9:39 am - Canada

I thought it would be fine. Because I've read other forums and people have been fine especially if your having problems getting in your protien. I'm so happy now that I can have it. That made my evening! 

Most Active
Recent Topics