Pre-op But Trying to Make Changes Now

Ginnny
on 1/20/16 4:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

So as the title says, I'm pre-op.  I meet the surgeon on February 19th.  I started making changes way back when I started the process, but figure 1 month away from meeting the surgeon its time to step up my game. 

I started a cross fit class on Monday, through work.  WTH was I thinking.  Its a four week program, three times a week at lunch hour.  Monday almost killed me! I thought maybe I could shed a few more pounds before the surgery consult.  I'm down 17 - 20 lbs since starting the process August 24th.  Also I thought I should try and get some extra muscle built up for the time post-op where all I can do is walk.

I'm trying to adopt the post-op diet of protein first and then veg.  I avoid potatoes, pasta, and bread which isn't really difficult for me.  I didn't just start this way of eating I've been doing it for some time with little to no movement on the scale.  So frustrating. 

I know you've all been through this guess I just need to put words to my thoughts. 

Cross fit day 2 today, who knows what I'll be able to do but I'll be there moving, ever so gingerly!! LOL

Have a great day everybody.

Patm
on 1/20/16 5:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations on all the changes you have made. Take the exercise slowly. Try not to burn out before your surgery.

throughout your journey you will have stalls. Try not to let them get you down. Often it is your body adjusting to the weight loss. I would encourage you to take your measurements. Often when you stop loosing on the scale you will lose inches

Ginnny
on 1/20/16 5:47 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Thanks Pat!  Did the measurements on Sunday to get a baseline for the year!

As for the exercise I'll do what I can.  I'm a regular walker just thought I'd try to build up some muscle. 

crqvingchange
on 1/20/16 7:02 am

What a wonderful attitude Ginny.  Building muscle is great now, because after surgery you will be limited to probably only walking for a while.  Building upper body muscle is hard but it is something I am working on now.  You are going to rock this.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

White Dove
on 1/20/16 8:58 am - Warren, OH

Sounds like you have this.  After surgery you eat tiny portions and that is the reason for the rapid weight loss. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics