T - 11 days until Opti

marielewis
on 3/19/16 4:54 pm

Like many others I am very stressed about my surgery.  I am afraid to do it and I'm afraid not to.... I want this but fear is very powerful!   I read about complications, I understand them and I understand the % or risk    I just need this part to be over....   Roll on April 13th ....   Ugh

I feel fortunate to have my procedure in April because Summer is coming and it's a great time for getting moving and clean eating.  Lots of fresh food etc. 

ready-4-new-start
on 3/19/16 5:24 pm - Canada

I am feeling the same way as my surgery is April 11. Can't believe it's almost here never thought and felt like it was ever going to come.. My fear is I haven't had major surgery in long time. When I was 2 had my appendix out can't really remember that. Beside that I had my tonsil out. So my fear is fear of unknown don't know how it will feel and what to expect.. But my main fear right now is opti!! But I am getting somewhat excited. 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

marielewis
on 3/19/16 5:38 pm

We will be awesome .... It's just scary 

Ginnny
on 3/19/16 6:20 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

My surgery is April 11th also. Opti starts March 28th. Basically one more week of normal....and then a new normal begins! Excited, ready, nervous, all the emotions. 

marielewis
on 3/19/16 6:53 pm

It's nice to know I'm not alone with the crazy emotions :-).  Change is always scary 

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/19/16 7:11 pm, edited 3/19/16 12:08 pm - Canada

I remember being where you guys are right now.  Excited, scared to death yet strangely also filled such hope and a long list of dreams.

I remember thinking if I could just  lose enough weight to improve my quality of life...but I had no idea in this amount of time, I'd be where I am right now.  I'm just 8 mths in ....1lb from my original goal of 150....down 109 lbs. Size 6

Life if different..I am different ....and it feels beyond amazing 

Hang in there guys....I'm here to tell you ............it's all worth it!!!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

marielewis
on 3/19/16 7:37 pm

Thank you very important words to hear right now.... I'm actually losing sleep worrying :-( 

need_to_run_81
on 3/23/16 6:42 am

Hi!  I'm in the same boat - but I have a tad longer to wait, May 6th. Have you considered starting a small support page on FB where we can help each other out?  I'd love to join (or create) the page if we're interested.  

Every night I rock my 2 year old to sleep, and a small part of me wonders if I'll make it through surgery to do so again. I know if I don't have the surgery I won't be here to dance with him at his wedding, and yet I worry that if I do have the surgery something will go wrong and I won't get to kiss my two toddlers again. I have no one to say that to - so writing it down felt good. Thank you for this post!  

Most Active
Recent Topics