Pain a few hours after eating

Kathy1212
on 2/20/17 9:17 am

It was my family doctor who saw me.  I live 700 km away from the surgeon, which is why I had to stick around and rent a room for 5 days after surgery, in case of complications.

All of my follow ups except for I think the 6 month one will be here in town with my family doctor, or in Sudbury (where there are no doctors to see me, only the dietician, social worker, nurse, etc.).

I am feeling better today, thank God.  I had some greek yogurt for breakfast and no pain so far, and it's been several hours since I ate.

I'm glad you're doing so well.  I know we're all different but I was really hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones who barely could tell I had surgery...no such luck, lol. 

I'm still happy that I did this.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 2/20/17 9:44 am

Glad you are feeling better today.  Maybe stick with yogurt and soft food for a few days to give yourself time to heal more.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 2/20/17 9:56 am

Thank you!  I'm on the puree stage, so everything is soft. Are some pureed foods easier to digest than others? The yogurt went down well.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 2/20/17 10:07 am

I think there are some that are easier.  One that I never had problems with was tinned refried beans with melted cheese on top.  It took me forever to eat 1/8 cup, but it tasted good.  I also did the strained soup with added unflavoured protein.  SKYR yogurt has so much protein.  I buy the plain and add my SF flavouring to avoid all of the added sugar.  Love the creaminess.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 2/20/17 11:29 am

Thanks; I like the refried beans.  I mix them with a bit of greek yogurt.  I haven't had any luck with cream soups; I hate them all so far, lol.

I haven't found the SKYR yogurt yet, but am enjoying the presidents choice greek yogurt.  It has 18 g of protein in 3/4 cup.  I can't eat that much yet, but am still getting a decent amount of protein with it.

I really love the pureed egg salad.

Kathy  

Wayne H.
on 2/20/17 9:56 am, edited 2/20/17 1:56 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Well my Fellow RNY'r, if it makes you feel better I threw up this morning. First time since surgery.  :-)

I had a feeling like the food was stuck...i tried to burp but it just felt like blockage.  A quick upchuck and a few minutes later I felt fine.  

Have you tried Milk of Magnesia?  It worked quick for me. Two doses and next morning taa daa!  Lol

Kathy1212
on 2/20/17 11:32 am

I'm so sorry you got sick, Wayne.  It does not make me feel better, lol; I feel badly for you.  I'm glad you felt better afterward.

The restorolax is finally doing it's job but I should have thought of Milk of Magnesia.

I am so not looking forward to my first blockage/upchuck.  Bleah, lol.  I know it happens to all of us though.

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics