What are you eating/doing Monday?

Kathy1212
on 4/3/17 11:00 am

Oh, thank you so much! I was told not to worry about calories and just to focus on getting my protein in, but that seems crazy to me, lol.

I don't eat my calories back, but I like to make sure I exercise every day, or at minimum 5 days a week. It's nice to keep track of approx how many I burn; I find it motivating, even though I know the different apps aren't exact. I was so bummed out when I needed 2 weeks of rest to recover from pneumonia so it feels great to get out there again.

I've been getting my water in every day, and find it's so much easier to drink warm herbal teas than just plain water. Until recently, I couldn't stand ANY warm drinks at all; they really upset my stomach, so it must mean I'm healing inside.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 4/3/17 10:48 am

Good afternoon everyone. This morning I went swimming and then did yoga. Yesterday i worked in the yard and might have overdone it. My back was sore when I woke up. The pool really helped, but also the yoga stretching has helped. We'll see how long it lasts. The joys of getting older.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Loads of decaf with Premier Protein Vanilla used as creamer/sweetener

Salad with steak, peppers, cucumbers, avocado, and Bolthouse Avocado/Cilantro dressing

Turkey meatball with mushrooms, peppers, mozzarella, and Marinara

SKYR yogurt with all the fixin's

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 4/3/17 11:03 am

Wow, that's a lot of exercise! I'm sorry your back hurt.

I can't wait to start swimming. I have as sore on my tummy that doesn't want to heal properly, from back when I had those needles in the stomach after surgery (blood thinners). One formed a water blister and after it broke, it wouldn't heal. My doctor prescribed me some antibiotic ointment, plus I was on antibiotics for 10 days and it still hasn't fully healed, although it's better. Once it's completely healed, I can join the pool!

Your salad sounds amazing. I miss lettuce; how long does it take before we get that back, lol?

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 4/3/17 11:32 am

Guelph says 3 months before you can eat raw vegetables. I think they are harder to digest than cooked. When I started back on raw veg, I ate spinach, peeled cucumbers, tomatoes, and lettuce. I avoided carrots, peppers, anything with a hard skin, until I was sure that I could handle the other veg first.

I hope that your stomach heals soon so that you can start swimming. It is probably my favourite exercise because it doesn't hurt my joints and I can build up my cardio endurance.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Cinderz
on 4/3/17 10:54 am

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm back after a wonderful weekend away, but woke up feeling awful this morning with a nasty cough and cheat congestion.

Despite the preparation and planning, I still broke some of the rules. I dined out but still chose protein first items. We went out for lunch on day one and I had a clubhouse sandwhich, no bread, no mayo, so basically chicken, cheese, bacon and tomatoe. The girls I was with ate the fries. I met up with my surgery buddy on Friday evening and he insisted on having drinks with my friends and I, I was very hesitant as I know the no alcohol rule, I took very small sips and when he had his head turned my friend quickly sucked most of it back for me...4 rounds later, she was feeling good lol

On day 2 after shopping we stopped to have lunch and I was pleasantly surprised they had a $3 appetizer menu and they offered mini burgers, mini chicken burger and mini fish tacos. I opted to go with the burger no bun and to try just the fish out of the taco.

I met up with my brother for lunch before heading home and we went to Wwalburgers, I ordered from the kids menu, a burger with cheese no bun and hold the fries.

Despite the rule breaking I didn't gain but I didn't lose, and I clocked in with a total of 34 km walked over the 3 days. I hit a record on Sarurday with 12k and over 16,000 steps in.

With that said I'm back on track today

b - egg white omelette with cheese

s - 1/2!premier protein and sugar free popcycle

l - tuna salad

s - 1/2 premier protein

d - chicken with steamed veggies

s - sugar free popcycle

Have a great day everyone

Kathy1212
on 4/3/17 11:06 am

Sounds like you had a great time, Cindi! I'm sorry you're sick; hope it passes quickly.

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 4/3/17 11:37 am

Cinderz I think you did great with your menu on your weekend away. i love your friend that took one for the team and drank your drinks. She's a keeper for sure. Sounds like it was so much fun.

Hope your cold passes quickly.

Most Active
Recent Topics