What are you eating/doing Monday?

Ginnny
on 4/3/17 4:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 11-3/4 mos

Good morning Menu Family! What a beautiful day it was yesterday! Got out for some batting practice yesterday, was nice! Will do my run at lunch, Week 5, day 1. Then off to the gym after work.

Woke up this morning and thought about not going to work....le sigh. Going to be a boring day.

B - 100 gr pemeal bacon, 1 egg, 1 cheese slice

S- deli turkey with mustard

L - 4.3 oz beer can chicken (white meat), cucumbers

S - kielbasa and a slice of old cheddar

D- shepperds pie

Total Cal 812, Carbs 23, protein 105

Have a great day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

birdiegirl
on 4/3/17 4:52 am

RNY 8 Years Post Op

Morning

Great looking stats Ginnny!

Its incredibly hot and humid here. Heading to one of our favorite spots for Pizza lunch today.

Note: This is a poor menu with way too many carbs, however its OK on an occasional basis at 8 years out. Will be low carb tomorrow to balance things out. I can handle the calories but the simple carbs in the bread and pizza can get the cravings started if I don't balance with a very low carb day shortly thereafter.

B - 2 slices of low calorie bread

1 TB of Peanut butter

1 small banana

S - Pure protein bar

L - 2 slices of thin sausage pizza

bottle of peroni

D - Laura's lean beef burger

Arnolds Thin for the bun

big slice of tomato

S - Light and Fit yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are: Calories - 1,408, Carbs - 149 Grams, Protein - 86 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one

Patm
on 4/3/17 6:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Grey this morning but the rain is suppose to hold off until tonight. So off for a walk soon then more work on our kitchen. Need to sort out a cupboard then paint it. Need to get this finished.

We have booked another vacation but are finding it hard to sort out where we are going. We will land in Zurich and have two weeks before we fly out. Originally wanted to see Switzerland and Germany but finding we may not have enough time to do Germany. So much to see.

b greek yigurt, raspberries

l sliced turkey and cheese, pickle

s grapes

d turkey chili

s cheese and crackers

Meggles07
on 4/3/17 6:38 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Not too much on the go today. I loved the weather this weekend and I wish we weren't getting so much rain so I could get the puppies out again.

We might have some people doing a bit of work in our backyard. We have some steps that have been a nightmare since we moved in. I don't know how no one has fallen on them yet.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - burger, no bun

Snack - yogurt, sausage

Dinner - burger and veg

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Kathy1212
on 4/3/17 9:33 am

Good afternoon, all.

I am so amazed by how quickly time is going by; I"ll be 9 weeks Post Op on Wednesday; that's crazy!

Yesterday I went for my first bike ride of the season and it was amazing. It was kind of weird cycling past snow banks, lol, but the roads were clear and it was sunny so I decided to give it a go. It was wonderful for the first 4 km, but I hit a wall of exhaustion and could barely make it home after that. I only did 5 km, not bad for my first time out. I think the problem was I burned 400 calories and only took in 200 calories before my ride. I had a one egg omelet with cheese for breakfast; good protein but no carbs. It wasn't enough for bike riding, not at my weight. I'm down 61 Lbs now but still weigh quite a lot so burn calories fast while bike riding. So I decided to make sure to have some of my carbs for a late breakfast today so I can try again...if the rain holds off.

Breakfast (at 10:30, lol; running late today):

Cinnamon apple herbal tea with 2 tbsp vanilla premier protein, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt with cinnamon and splenda, 1/2 piece of Flat Out Artisan Fold-it flat bread 5 grain flax (8 carbs, 4 protein, 4 fibre), with 1 tbsp low cal Kraft Peanut Butter. Very surprised to find my peanut butter has 6 grams of carbs! Is there a low carb peanut butter out there?

Lunch: 1/2 can (60 grams) chunk light tuna, 1 tbsp cal wise Miracle Whip, 1 tbsp relish.

Supper: sausage/red pepper/onion dish (85 grams)

Snack: 2 cups apple cinnamon herbal tea with premier protein

Totals: 656 calories, 34 g carbs, 59 g protein, 7g fibre (trying to get more fibre from foods).

Is that too many calories for 9 weeks out? I burn 200-400/day every day from walking or (starting yesterday, lol) cycling.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Monica9811
on 4/3/17 10:23 am - Peterborough, Canada

Calories are great! Congrats on your first bike ride this year. I haven't been on a bike since I was a teenager. I bet my ass would hate me if I tried it now lol

Kathy1212
on 4/3/17 10:41 am

Thank you! I bought my bike last summer and loved everything but the seat, lol. My butt hated me too; I had to order a thick gel seat cover, and that was so much better. I accidentally left it in the garage over the winter and now my nice gel seat is hard like a rock. I'm hoping it will soften once the warmer weather arrives; we still have some snow here.

I just went for a shorter 20 minute bike ride, and man, it was chilly. It's only 4% C here today and when the wind picked up, it was downright cold. I would have gone longer but it started to rain so I had to hurry home.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

Kathy  

Ginnny
on 4/3/17 10:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Calories look okay but I would suggest you up your protein. And I'm not saying you do but don't eat back the calories that you burn. Defeats the purpose of exercise.

Good job on the bike ride! 5 Kms is great!

Kathy1212
on 4/3/17 10:47 am

Thank you. I never eat the calories back; I couldn't if I tried at this point. I just wondered if I was eating the right amount of calories plus burning enough calories to keep losing weight.

I usually get my 60 grams of protein in every day; that's what I was told by my center that I need at this point. Some days I am able to get 70 in but most days it's hard to get my 60, unless i drink a protein shake.

I was on full liquids for a month because of inflammation so they want me to focus on foods now instead of shakes because I was on them for so long. I still have one several days a week though, and I add them to my teas.

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 4/3/17 10:42 am

Guelph says 600-800 calories during the losing phase, but I have seen others go lower. Don't worry about how many calories you burn during exercise. That number is just a bonus. The vets that have been successful always say to not eat back the calories that you burn. In the beginning our bodies will pull from our fat stores if we need more energy. Keep your protein numbers up and stay very hydrated for exercise. I was told by one of my instructors, that you have to start hydrating the day before and the morning of exercise, not just during the exercise. She also said that muscle fatigue is the point where we start building more muscle. You are doing amazing Kathy. I can't believe it's 9 weeks already.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics