More Purée suggestions please...

Simplyb
on 5/6/17 5:27 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

I empty the fridge and freezer when I make chilli, and actually tried some last week and moved back to clear fluid afterwards.

I think I better give up and be satisfied with the protein shakes, and water as others suggest.

What does not kill me will only make me stronger!

My daughter is being supportive and looking forward to a shared wardrobe, maybe I will just try speeding this process up before she realizes I will be raiding hers most!

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

SkottiRNY
on 5/7/17 2:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 07/07/15

Hey Simplyb!

I made "real" food and pureed it. I cooked up pork chops in a marinara sauce(I realize you can't tolerate it, so maybe a jazzed up broth) and then pureed it. Same goes for some kind of white fish. Poach fish in a lemon dill broth, then use that broth to puree. I have also roasted chicken and pureed it with a broth.

Just because it's the "pureed stage" doesn't mean it can't be real food. Have of the enjoyment of this journey was trying new things.

Good luck,

Skotti

"Not every day is Fantastic, but at least I have the opportunity to live every day." ~ Skotti RNY

My YouTube Channel

HW: 419 lbs August 2014  - SW: 340 lbs - GW: 219 lbs 

RNY July 7, 2015

KerryF.
on 5/7/17 3:54 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13
On May 6, 2017 at 5:38 PM Pacific Time, Simplyb wrote:

I have am sick of refried beans and ricotta, it is getting boring and I have had to fight my head hunger and need to satisfy chewing by crunching ice.

I can tolerate soup (even homemade chicken soup purred in the blender with extra bone broth), milk, cheese, pickles, jello, protein shakes, yogurt, really well mashed cottage cheese, cauliflower and broth.

I can not seem to tolerate tuna, potato, eggs, banana, marinara sauce or applesauce and quite distressed that I can not seem to advance my diet.

I have scoured cookbooks and websites and the posts here, anybody got anything different that I should try?

Looking for a good source of nutrition.

Be careful with the chewing ice. I got addicted to that habit (yes it gets addictive LOL) and it cracked most of my teeth.. tiny cracks you can only see under lights and magnifying mirrors but the dentist sees the cracks and it's never fixable, and I have several spots of gum area that has been damaged (pushed the gums down below the roots ouch!!)

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/17 2:06 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I got really into eating ice in the beginning! Drinking water was hard, but eating ice was easy (go figure). I would get crushed ice from my freezer, pour some lemon juice over it with a teeney bit of salt and eat it with a spoon like some sort of italian ice. It was good enough for me! (Now I'm really craving some of my "Italian Ice" )

GeorgianBay_Girl
on 5/8/17 7:30 am

I pureed whatever I cooked for supper and just ate that :)

If you're boiling veggies you may need to add the water to the meat as it can get dry

Referral date: May 19, 2016 | Info session: July 12, 2016 | Surgeon Approval: December 2, 2016 | Pre Op: January 24, 2017 | Trio: February 9, 2017 | Surgery Date: March 3, 2017, Humber River Regional Hospital

Starting Weight: 253 | Post-Optifast Weight/day of surgery: 237 | Current Weight: 123.2

Most Active
Recent Topics