What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

crqvingchange
on 12/19/17 3:45 am

Good morning everyone. What is your favourite thing about having time off for Christmas? For me I love seeing friends and family. Getting together with a friend over a Christmas latte and just having a laugh.

Today I'm taking a friend out for a latte. She is 86 and always has a smile on her face. She gets excited about every new thing she tries. Last year I took her for her first gelato and her first latte. She was like a kid on Christmas morning. She is such an inspiration.

I will also fit in a visit to the gym and some swimming this morning.

3 years post-op

B. Protein coffee, lots of decaf throughout the day

B2. Maple bbq salmon with a poached egg on top and a little Hollandaise, sliced avocado

L. Latte

D. The other half of the cheddar jalapeno burger from yesterday.

S. Protein hot chocolate.

Totals: 1094, Carbs 62 (latte), Fat 55, Protein 106

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 12/19/17 5:52 am, edited 12/18/17 9:52 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Menu Gang! I feel like we're in the home stretch. I have to wor****il noon on Thursday then done till the new year. Tomorrow we are having an office pot luck so no work will be done.

Been to the gym already this morning - did my weight routine and felt pretty good about it!

I ate a crazy amount of crackers with Balderson cheese spread, and a few chip nuts. The scale rewarded me with a 3.7 lb loss. Not sure if its because my calories were higher or what exactly is going on with my bod. I will see what happens tomorrow morning. I will stay away from the extras around the office today, because I have a pretty good menu planned and want to make sure I can tell if its working for me. I am my lowest weight I can remember in years...167.7 lbs

Post Op 20+ months

B1 - small banana, 1 tbsp. peanut butter

B2 - rotisserie chicken

S - greek yogurt

L - cobb salad

S - pepperette and cucumbers

D - shepperds pie

Total Cal 1320, Protein122, Carbs 58

Have a great day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 12/19/17 8:35 am

That's funny that you'd had a loss after a cracker binge. I would end up gaining 3.7lbs if I did that. I'm really loving the weight training.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 12/19/17 8:55 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I enjoy it too! Its just so expensive to hire a trainer. I do my own thing now, had a trainer when I first started and she set me up with a workout. The gym has a special on right now 10 sessions for $399 until the end of the year, but who has an extra 400 bucks in December?

I can do one off sessions with her, I think they are $70.00 plus tax for the hour. I will do that in January just go track my progress from last year when I started.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 12/19/17 9:41 am

I just joined Crunch (World Gym). The rest of the year is free and they charged me $99 for all of next year. That have so many machines (maybe 100). It's more money if I want to do classes, but right now I just want the machines.

Lina_Ann
on 12/19/17 2:00 pm, edited 12/19/17 6:01 am

Mine is very boring, as I?m on my pre-op diet :P

B: Optifast

L: Optifast

S: Optifast

D: 2 cups of salad with 1 1/2 tablespoons of calorie wise zesty Italian dressing (30 cal) and 4oz of plain chicken breast

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

crqvingchange
on 12/19/17 3:40 pm

Don't worry about it being boring. You're lucky, Guelph didn't allow me to have salad during Optifast. In fact the said no raw veggies including salad until 3 months post-op.

Do you add flavouring to your Optifast. I added decaf coffee crystals to make it less sweet.

It gets more busy on this thread after the new year. We have a few MIA's who are run off their feet right now.

Lina_Ann
on 12/19/17 3:54 pm

Really? Wow. I know raw veggies are a no post-op, but pre-op my surgeon said I could have non starchy vegetables. I'm allowed a small amount of lean meat and veggies because my stomach is having problems with Optifast. My sugar is less than 5g a day and carbs are less than 20g a day.

Havent been adding anything to Optifast yet. Chocolate is yummy but I cannot handle vanilla. It is HORRID. Glad I only got 1 box of vanilla. I've tried different extracts, mixing in chai tea, adding crystal light and tang...still gag worthy. Lol

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

crqvingchange
on 12/19/17 4:00 pm

I hated Vanilla. It smelled like raw cake batter and was the same consistency, lol.

Most Active
Recent Topics