What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 7/19/18 3:36 am

Good morning lovely Menu Maties. This morning I'm going swimming, then I'm going to be spending some time at the laundry mat. Our cat had an "accident" on the couch cover last night, sigh. This cover is too big for our machine so I have to use one of the industrial machines. Any suggestions for discouraging this behavior of the cat's will be greatly appreciated.

Accountability: Nope, some almond butter made an appearance late last night.

Question of the Day: What is one herb that you can't stand? For me I am not a fan of fresh dill.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf

S. Iced coffee protein shake

L. Marscapone cheesecake (marscapone, SF cheesecake pudding mix, fresh strawberries)

D. Half of an avocado stuffed with spicy crab spread, side salad.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/19/18 5:07 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Not much planned for today... I will probably pick up a few groceries to hold us over the weekend since it sounds like it might be hot again. We went for Indian food last night and then to the hardware store. DH informed me I wasn't allowed to go into labour while we were there ;) lol.

QOTD: I can't stand cilantro. It pretty much ruins any meal for me. And I don't love the herbs that taste like licorice. My basil forest is still going strong and we have had three harvests from it so far this summer. I just pruned it back again so we will see if we can get another round.

Post-op three years and four months.

Breakfast - protein popsicles

Snack - almonds and dates

Lunch - leftover sausage or chicken

Snack - egg and pickles

Dinner - other leftovers

Snack - pudding if needed

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 7/19/18 6:51 am

You are going to have the shortest labour with all of the dates you are eating, lol.

Do you plant your basil from seed every spring?

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/19/18 8:00 am - Canada

Lol!! I'm not even eating the daily minimum so I'm not holding my breath ;)

I've tried basil from seed a few times but this is the first year they took off. I actually started the seeds in our bathroom window this time -- apparently the heat and humidity in there was good.

kamac
on 7/19/18 7:12 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good morning! CC, I don't have much advice for the cat problem, is he spraying on purpose? I think there are fabric sprays available that are supposed to repel them, but I'm not sure how effective they are.

It dawned on me this morning that this weird cold I've had for the last few days might actually be keto flu. I'm going to try to get some broth in the next few days, see if it helps. Or maybe I just have a bug.

I'm babysitting my 7 yr nephew for a few hours today. He keeps me on my toes! I also want to re-organize things in the kitchen. Going to try to fight through this under-the-weather feeling and get on the treadmill, too, at least for 10 minutes.

QOTD: not really an herb, but I can't stand pine nuts.

Food: Going to stick to protein shakes (3 total) and beef broth (2 sachets) today. Started my chewable bariatric vitamins. And will get in at least 8 cups of water.

Calories: 504, Carbs: 16g, Protein: 82g

Have a good day everyone!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 7/19/18 11:01 am

Not sure what is going on with him. This is the first time he has done this. I think I'll take him to the vet next week.

You're doing great Kara. Keep up the good work.

kamac
on 7/19/18 11:56 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Thanks CC. Good idea to take him to the vet. Hopefully it was a one off deal. I have an elderly cat who was having incontinence issues. We finally figured out that the litter box was too far away for him. We moved it to a place that was easier for him to get too and it hasn't been an issue since.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active
Recent Topics