What are you eating/doing this Friday?

crqvingchange
on 7/20/18 3:43 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. Welcome to the weekend. This morning I'm going swimming, and then some chores, and tonight is date night.

Accountability: Everything was on plan

Question of the day: Do you sing out loud when no one is around? I am not a good singer, but that doesn't stop me from singing with the radio, or putting on music and singing while I'm doing chores. Heaven forbid anyone should record me singing.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf with cream

S. Protein iced coffee

L. Marscapone cheesecake with fresh strawberries

D. Slow roasted duck wings (think duck confit). The restaurant slow roasts them for 6 hours and they are crispy on the outside and rich and tender inside. Ranch dressing for dipping, side salad. DH will have the parmesan fries that come with it.

Total calories 1226. A little high, but yesterday was lower to make up for those duck wings today, lol.

Have a great weekend everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/20/18 5:09 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Nothing planned for this morning but I have an OB appointment this afternoon. I will get my latest ultrasound results so I can't wait for that :) I think this weekend will be mostly small projects around the house and maybe another trip to the farmer's market. DH loves the bacon there.

QOTD: I love singing. I was singing along to We are the champions to the little nugget the other day and thinking it will get to know all the best music. Both DH and I have pretty eclectic music taste so we always have something different playing. Funny aside -- I used his spotify account to make a list of meditative birthing music... Apparently I did something wrong because the songs keep popping up in his playlist. It's funny to hear him groan when they suddenly come on.

Post-op three years and four months.

Breakfast - protein shake with blueberries

Snack - almonds and dates

Lunch - tbd... Apparently he took my food to work yesterday that I was planning on having

Snack - egg and pickles

Dinner - BBQ burgers -- can't wait!!

Snack - watermelon

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 7/20/18 8:06 am

Baby Nugget Thor will be singing to Queen before you know it. One day you will be driving him to soccer practice and he will just start singing We Are The Champions.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 7/20/18 8:20 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Morning! CC, those duck wings sound amazing. Duck confit is one of my favourite foods, so good!

I ordered a crock pot and it arrived today. So excited to start experimenting with keto slow cooker recipes when I start soft food. I've never been much interested in cooking before, so this will be something new for me.

Accountability: Still haven't gotten my butt on the treadmill. I will be setting aside a concrete time in the morning from now on, instead of just thinking I'll "fit it in". I need to get that habit established, even I only start out doing 10 minutes.

QOTD: Oh yes, lol. Not just pop music, either. I love Enrico Caruso (opera singer from like 100 yrs ago) and will sing along with his recordings of old Neapolitan songs like "O Sole Mio" even though I don't speak a word of Italian

Food: Going to stick to protein shakes (1/2 water, 1/2 almond milk, egg white protein, SF flavouring) and broth again today. Will go back to including some cottage cheese and Greek yogurt on the weekend.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 7/20/18 4:55 pm

For you Kara. One of my favourite songs done by one of your favourite artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQt9x-GZQ8g&t=148s

Placido Domingo also does a nice version. I first heard Uncle Junior sing it on the Sopranos.

How have you been feeling? Usually people are still a little tired in the weeks following surgery.

kamac
on 7/21/18 8:41 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Just gorgeous Thanks for that!

I'm feeling good, but...tired, lol. I'm doing more but get fatigued kinda quickly. Glad to hear it's still normal this far out, because I'm never sure if I'm just being whimpy or lazy, or if I really am genuinely tired.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, CC. The weather is supposed to be a bit rainy but boy, do we ever need it.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active
Recent Topics