What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 8/2/18 5:26 am

Good morning everyone. Happy Weekend Eve, or as Karen call it Friday Junior.

DH is working from home this morning so I have to be quiet like a church mouse. This afternoon I am going with him to a client meeting out of town.

Accountability: Nothing bad, I just changed my dinner to a few Thai chicken wings. Unbreaded, just seasoning.

Question of the Day: If you could live in another country for a year, where would you choose? Money is no object. I think it would be good to learn another language, so I think I will choose Spain.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf

L. Half of an avocado stuffed with homemade Buffalo Chicken Salad

D. Bunless burgers with cheese and bacon and mushrooms. Small side salad if I have any room.

Our A/C is not working and yesterday the nice man told us it was shot. Today someone is coming to quote a new central air. With the heat I am not feeling like eating much.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 8/2/18 5:45 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I could not live without AC so I hope they fix/replace it quickly for you!!

Still waiting... Hoping it isn't a fake out lol. Nothing planned for today and maybe a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

QOTD: that is a really good question... I'm thinking somewhere in Europe. I love the idea of so many countries and cultures so close together and that you can easily visit so many different places. I'm going to say Ireland or Scotland/UK... There is a lot of family history in that area.

Post-op three years and four months.

Breakfast - protein bar or shake

Snack - almonds and dates

Lunch - chicken and veg

Snack - carrots and PB

Dinner - tbd probably leftovers

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 8/2/18 6:18 am

Baby Thor has a date in mind and we both know that date, lol.

I figure they will finally get the new A/C installed just when the heat breaks.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 8/2/18 6:20 am - Canada

Lol I don't think I would survive that long but a lot of people would be very happy. My brother's wedding is Aug 11 and my aunt is on vacation until Aug 13 so everyone would love it to be after that!! How many days is that still???

crqvingchange
on 8/2/18 7:42 am

It's not that long in the greater scheme of things, lol. Baby Thor is resting up for the big day.

wrkinprogress
on 8/2/18 9:37 am

Carrots and PB? Is that a pregnancy craving because I never would have thought of combining those 2!

Meggles07
on 8/2/18 11:00 am - Canada

Lol nope, I can't blame that on pregnancy... I've been eating that combo since about 3-4 months post-op when I was cleared for raw veggies :) I also like apple and PB but I don't eat apples very often -- I find fruit tends to go bad on me because I eat so little.

wrkinprogress
on 8/3/18 7:40 am

I can see apples with PB,,,, carrots is a new one but maybe I'll give it a try at some point. It's always good to change things up.

kamac
on 8/2/18 8:58 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good morning!

Stay cool, CC. Just think, when the new AC is installed, you'll appreciate it that much more (that's what I always tell myself when I have to do without something I find indispensable, lol).

Meggles, it's so exciting to be in the final stretch!

I haven't posted the last couple of days because life got in the way. My elderly, chronically ill cat took a turn for the worse and so he was put to sleep yesterday. I feel relieved now, but was pretty upset at the time. I noticed such a difference in the intensity of my emotions, now that I can't stuff them down with starchy, sugary junk food. It's been a real learning experience.

Accountability: The past 2 days I haven't bothered to get my protein in, haven't been taking my vitamins, haven't been tracking. Today I get back on track.

QOTD: Italy or France. Probably Italy. For the art and history.

Food: Today I can start trying out a small amount of pureed. Might try a bit of crab and cream cheese, or some goat cheese. Otherwise, it's 3 protein shakes. 10 cups of water. Vitamins.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Monica9811
on 8/2/18 1:19 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Sorry about your cat. I'm sure it's not easy. Glad you are getting back on track. Protein is essential

Most Active
Recent Topics