What are you eating/doing Tuesday?

Ginnny
on 10/23/18 5:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Morning folks! Well back into my normal routine of gym in the morning. Did my full body free weight workout, and felt great. Challenged but great! Now at work for a boring old day. We did get a new Mayor last night, I don't know how I feel about that. I know others are not happy about it.

I can't think of a QOTD, I'm not that creative in the morning.

Accountability: Not too bad, I did have a pepperette about 9 last night as I was hungry.

GF - Premier protein

B - 2 egg cups

S - celery, cheese whiz

L - beefy tomato macaroni soup

S - deli turkey, cucumber

D - fajita guts, sour cream, cheese

Have a great day everyone!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Mellywog
on 10/23/18 6:23 am
RNY on 06/17/19

Good morning All,

Parents have arrived safe and sound, my son is over the moon to have his Poppy back under the same roof.

Accountability: I ate the mini skittles pack that Swiss chalet snuck in my take out bag last night - Pure evil

B- Banana and Atkins protein bar

S- Strawberries

L - Southwest salad with deli turkey and shredded motz cheese

S- left over grilled chicken breast (half) with ranch dressing

D- Chicken thighs and grilled veggies (peppers, onions, zucchini & mushrooms )

crqvingchange
on 10/23/18 6:27 am

Good morning Ginny and Menu Peeps. Ginny you are crushing it at the gym. We got the same mayor, but that's OK because I like him and work well with him.

Didn't get as much done in the yard as I wanted to yesterday, but I did get in some swimming. I will try to get some yardwork done today.

Accountability: Small pouch day so I didn't eat all of my meals but added in a snack before bed yesterday.

Question of the Day: How did the idea of you getting weight loss surgery come to you? My doctor approached me with the idea. All through the process I kept telling myself I could always back out if I wanted to. After I met with the surgeon I decided to go for it because nothing I had done in the past on my own had lasted. I might have mentioned this before, but we have some newbies and pre-surgery and I just wanted them to know most of us have our doubts. So far the best decision I have made besides marrying my DH.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf with caramel stevia

B2. After swimming, scrambled eggs done in buttah with some smoked salmon and avocado on the side.

L. Parmesan flax/pumpkin cracker with country style pate and some triple cream Brie

D. Soft beef taco (from my meal prep) with La Tortilla wrap (The whole wheat ones have 3 net carbs), lettuce, tomato, salsa, guacamole,

S. Crio Bru

Grand totals: Calories 1210, carbs 31 less 19 fibre

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Mellywog
on 10/23/18 6:42 am
RNY on 06/17/19

QOTD: My older sister had the RNY over 10. years ago and has had many complications. 2 years ago my doctor suggested RNY to me when I went to her regarding the issues I was having with my weight. I couldn't believe that she suggested the same surgery that gave my sister so much pain and I refused.

Fast forward 2 years... Removed my gallbladder and gained.... I quit smoking and gained even more weight. Larger then ever I started to look into the surgery. After doing some research and coming on this website I decided to have surgery despite everything my sister has gone through.

Pretty much everyone knows except my mom, she is going to loose her mind so I figure I will wait until much closer to the surgery date. Orientation date is November 9th at Humber River, so excited.

crqvingchange
on 10/23/18 3:35 pm

I'm so sorry that your sister had bad complications. Have they offered her any ideas on how to help her?

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Mellywog
on 10/24/18 11:52 am
RNY on 06/17/19

She has just been a chronic dumper since she started eating solids. The foods her body can handle changes from day to day. Today she might be able to eat an egg and then tomorrow it will make her dump and she will be so much pain for a couple of hours. probably happens to her about 4-5 times a week (8-10 hours a week). She regrets the surgery and wishes she could go back. She has had a lot of tests done but they tell her it comes down to food torrence.

She also had an emergency surgery for twisted bowels.

Needless to say she is cautioning me about the surgery and explaining to me about everything she has to live with for the rest of her life. At this point, (even though I don't have any health concerns) I feel like it is worth the risk.

Ginnny
on 10/23/18 8:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I ran into someone that looked fabulous. She had lost so much since the last time I had seen her and I asked her how she did it and she told me.

I thought about it for a bit, and just decided that there was no reason for me to be "that big" anymore. I carried my weight well, people would never have guess what I weighed. But I was big, and on BP meds. At my age, that was unacceptable. I went for my yearly physical in 2015 and casually mentioned it to my doctor. My weight was continually creeping up year after year. She was very supportive and did the referral right away. Within a couple of months I had the orientation and within 9 months I had surgery.

No looking back!!! It was iffy there for a time because my BMI was 39.?? at referral which is not 40 I only really had the high BP and a fatty liver.....I was lucky they accepted me. W hen I met the surgeon my BMI was even lower because I had lost around 15 lbs. I was about to panic when he started questioning me on that.

It all worked out in the end. I was never really apprehensive about the surgery itself but my Trucker was - I think he thought I wouldn't be able to make the changes. No he looks at pictures from our 2015 vacation and says he can't remember me ever being that big. I think that's his way of saying he's proud of me.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Mellywog
on 10/23/18 8:41 am
RNY on 06/17/19

That's amazing. My DH is also worried. He is coming to the orientation with me so he can ask all of his questions. Lol

crqvingchange
on 10/23/18 3:37 pm

Ginny I sure as hell am proud of you. You have worked that tool and your new body the way it was meant to be worked. You are an inspiration to all newbies and especially me.

Meggles07
on 10/23/18 8:51 am - Canada

Good morning (just under the wire)!!

I had logged in earlier but lost track of what I was doing. Had to run an errand for DH, then we went to Walmart and a used clothing store. My aunt is babysitting tonight so we can go out for dinner -- more she demanded to babysit and I made the decision to get food while she did.

QOTD: I never wanted surgery -- I would watch shows on TV showing people having surgery and not being super successful and I didn't want to have surgery to rearrange my insides. One day my family doctor casually mentioned it to me after he had been to a talk by one of the surgeons from Hamilton. I decided to look into it and cautiously started the process. Even the day of surgery I was crying because I was scared about having such a major surgery. I am so glad I did it!!

Post-op three years and seven months.

Breakfast - oatmeal and yogurt

Snack - protein bar

Lunch - turkey pepperettes, peanut butter bar

Snack - cheese and apple

Dinner - restaurant - I've never been there but it came highly recommended

Snack - pudding if needed

All water and vits.

Most Active
Recent Topics