What are you eating/doing today -- Wednesday?

Meggles07
on 1/30/19 5:54 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Today we are going to a mama mental health workshop. I get to take the little nugget with me so that should be fun. I like that today emphasizes issues with mental health but I wi**** was emphasized all the time. There is one instance where I wish I had stepped in to help someone but didn't and it still bothers me. I was walking on campus and heard a new female student talking to her mom. She was telling her that she hadn't been eating because she didn't know anyone and she wouldn't go eat alone. If I was where I am now I would have taken her to go eat. At the time I was very shy and anxious and didn't know what to do.

QOTD: do you have any impactful stories about mental health? A lot of people in my family including myself struggle with mental health issues. I go for counseling and have a health team that I work with to keep myself as healthy as possible. One of my goals of WLS was to be fit and healthy to be a good mom for any kids we may have -- I would love to foster kids one day so it didn't matter to me if they were biologically mine or not.

Post-op three years and ten months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - Greek yogurt and blueberries

Lunch - salad with bacon

Snack - carrots and PB

Dinner - tbd something from the freezer

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Ginnny
on 1/30/19 6:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Meg, make sure you and the nugget bundle up real tight when going out today. It is so bitter cold out there.

My knee still aches something terrible. Doesn't make it easy trying to navigate sidewalks that haven't been plowed. Today I just went and walked on the road.

B - tuna w. celery, red onion, mayo

S - skyr with blueberries

L - chili

S - pepperette, cheese string

D - sauteed chicken with onions and peppers, cheese, sour cream

Have a good day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 1/30/19 8:53 am

Sorry your knee is still bad. Is it hot to the touch or swollen? Ice and elevation may help, but if you have misaligned your knee like I did you may have to see a doctor.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 1/30/19 10:59 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi CC, it isn't really hot....there is one spot that I might say is a little warm, but yes it is very swollen all the way around. You can see how much bigger it is than my left one even through my pant leg.

I went to the dr on monday morning and and she ordered xrays. Haven't heard back from her yet. I really don't think its a bone issue at all, it's gotta be ligaments/tendons/muscle... She said she wanted to see if there was arthritis in the knee. I go to the Sports Medicine Clinic on Monday afternoon. I believe this dr will know exactly how to treat it. I had a scope about 18 years ago....the dr then didn't even do any imaging, she knew what the problem was just by doing some pulling on it and some other simple tests. But it just aches constantly. I've tried both heat and ice. Nothing seems to help.

I go to massage on Monday night also, so I will get her to do some work on the rest of my leg so that I don't end up causing other issues because I'm favoring my knee.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 1/30/19 4:52 pm

That sucks Ginny. I hope that can make it feel better soon. It's hard to get a good night's sleep if you are in pain.

They said that I sheared my knee and that it will probably keep happening. Don't really want to get a replacement because I'm afraid it will hinder my workouts.

You are wise to think it is ligaments etc.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

wrkinprogress
on 1/30/19 7:05 am

Yesss COLDDDDDD is right for today. The radio just said the temperature is -38 with wind chill and supposed to keep dropping. I packed up some chili today to bring to my parents tonight since I'd made way too much so they are looking forward to it and I'll stay for a visit.

Mental health is a struggle for everyone at some point in their lives I think. Currently I'm dealing with a 20 year old daughter who has basically given up her independence over a guy. She has hopped job to job for the past year, sold her car so she no longer has transportation unless someone takes her, and she is constantly fighting with this boyfriend yet thinks "he's the one". In her mind, everyone is against her at this point. She has been to some counseling appointments but they seem to be about prescribing all kinds of medications which just seem to put her in a haze. I'm no professional but my mom gut says that self worth and goals go along ways towards being in a good mental state so I just stay calm and try to keep talking to her..... and let her know everyone wants the best for her and will help anyway we can. This may be more of an age issue than full mental health issue.

B - greek yogurt

S - 1/2 protein shake

L - boiled egg, 1 chicken skewer

S - turkey pepperette

D - chili

S - 1/2 protein shake

Cuddle up with a loved one!

crqvingchange
on 1/30/19 9:10 am

Good morning almost afternoon everyone. Trying to get more done at home today.

Meg that is great that you are going to Mama mental health workshop. They should have them more available and more often.

QOTD: Currently I am trying to help a family member with dementia. I suffer from anxiety and this has made my anxiety worse. A couple of years ago I spoke with the psychiatrist at Guelph Bariatric Clinic because I wasn't sleeping, crying a lot, and constantly worrying about my family member. She prescribed medication that helps me better cope with this situation. It was my first time using such medication, but I must say that it has been extremely helpful without any negative side effects so far. Exercise, sleeping, medication and the support of my husband and friends has been so important for my mental well being. Looking back, if I had not had those things I think I would have had a breakdown.

The food today is once again hit and miss. I have some eggs, grilled chicken skewers and some frozen broccoli in the house, we will see what I can make of that. I really need to go to the grocery store but I have so much to do at home.

Most Active
Recent Topics