Recent Posts

Jess
on 7/21/07 5:21 am - W St. Paul, MN
Topic: RE: Ok this is WHY it's been a long week for me
Awww my heart was breaking reading this............. I am sooooo sorry and will keep you in my thoughts, hugs to you. Jess
beckie
on 7/21/07 5:21 am - CT
RNY on 12/27/04 with
Topic: RE: got wood?
Is it the WOOD reference that brought us here or are we all just basketcases? "where are we going? And WHY are we in this basket?" (Going to hell in a handbasket... get it?)
Barb K.
on 7/21/07 3:34 am - MN
Topic: Ok this is WHY it's been a long week for me
I didn't want to post this on the other board so here is the low down. It all started with the death of a 20 month old little girl, this was a AWEFUL accident by the hands of her dad... he was working on his truck and went to move it and didn't realize she was behind the truck and he drove over her (there was another person there watching her but didn't see her move to behind the truck and my daughter was grandfathered into this family... through her dad) so have been dealing with that and the rollercoaster of emotions that she is having. The death of an older man (54) to cancer. He is the grandfather to the little boy I took care of for 2 years (whom also passed away a year and a half ago). So I have tried being there for Stephanie his daughter. I have a friends mom who is in and out of the hospital and is bordering on a nursing home but there is no room right now. I have been the sounding board for that because he is an only child and has nowhere else to turn. I have been in relationship with this said person but deciding how to break away from it (just not feeling it) while still being a support for him and his mom. and probably the hardest thing I am having having to come to grips with is a very close friend of mines son whom is now 19 was involved in an armed robbery on Tuesday. I have known this boy since the day he was born... I changed his diapers for crying out loud and I NEVER would have expected this from him and I personally don't think he was thinking clearly when he did this either.... he went along with it because he was convinced (by the others involved) he wouldn't get caught because the store they hit had no security cameras and one of the other guys that was involved worked there... so yeah it was staged...Well they did get caught and now he is sitting jail and I am SURE having a loooong time to think about his choices. All he would tell his mom is that he made a bad decision in driving someone so we are not sure the extent of his involvement but as she said... he is 19 and he is an adult there is not a whole lot they can do. So it is basically just a wait and see attitude. All I gotta say is life as he knew is never going to be the same. Yes he f'd up and yes he is going to have to pay the price but I firmly believe that this IS a one time deal. I am sure just the embarassment is eating him alive. But like my friend said.... he is probably better of being in jail right now versus at home because lord know what she'd do to him if was there... she said "sometimes I just wanna smack him up alongside the head" LOL I wanted to laugh. Being a parent never ends I guess!! Thanks for listening!
Jess
on 7/21/07 2:28 am - W St. Paul, MN
I will follow you anywhere......errr I mean almost anywhere... Jess
fleesh61
on 7/21/07 2:27 am - Bethel Park, PA
uhhh...since most of the people who have been posting here are single women..I'd say...NO!! (jeez I crack myself up!!)
Barb K.
on 7/21/07 2:25 am - MN
I thought it was awefully strange but you know I have done crazier things. We'll just keep em' guessing... that'll keep them busy enough *hugs* it's ok Ron... really!! Ok you got NOTHING to do this weekend??? How about a road trip to MN and you can hang out with me and the king.... I can always use some good help! I know I know I amuse myself too!!
Toni M
on 7/21/07 2:19 am - Gallatin, TN
btw - i'm totally oblivious to the drama that has been taking place, you are my friend and i'll track you down any where you decide to go.
Toni M
on 7/21/07 2:17 am - Gallatin, TN
Since you have absolutely nothing to do... why don't you come help me pack!!!! Or at least keep Tiger occupied so she stays out of my way. LOL hugs & kisses Toni
ron-vasko
on 7/21/07 1:34 am - Newberry , SC
Topic: got wood?
hey gang sorry to drag you all around but you know what the hell.... so whats your weekend consist of.... mine nothing nadda zilch... thats ok though... caus i am good at it.... hope everyone has fun .....
Most Active
Recent Topics
How do you feel about your ass?
Toni M · 0 replies · 426 views
Monday Survey
Sara S. · 0 replies · 500 views
Survey for TODAY
Sara S. · 4 replies · 233 views
Ok Ron, you got us here....
Maria L · 2 replies · 451 views
What basket are you making today?
Maria L · 4 replies · 276 views