minimum time off work after a TT?

PBJ
on 10/4/11 12:25 pm
Hi everyone,

I am going for my PS consult next Thursday (very excited!)..hoping to have a tummy tuck..perhaps more..we will see.  I am wondering what is the shortest time off work that people took?  I am hoping to do only 2 weeks..is that reasonable?

Thanks
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
jtsmom02
on 10/4/11 12:43 pm - Mineola, TX
I say it's reasonable.  I had a breast lift and extended tummy tuck with anchor cut PLUS had my gallbladder removed.  I went back to work in two weeks.  You'll be tired and feel kinda crappy but you can do it...  I'm assuming you have an office type job.

Good Luck!

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

mkbeany
on 10/5/11 12:01 am
2 weeks would be tricky if you still have drains.

I would not want to work with drains but thats just me.

Mine was pulled at 3 weeks and was back at work 2 days later.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
waitinggame
on 10/5/11 2:23 am - Bowie, MD
Ditto on the drains. They are suckish to say the least!! Just wanted to add that is a very good point to consider about the drains.

Good luck!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

siberiancat
on 10/5/11 2:46 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Type of incision does factor in - circumferential, hip to hip, fleur de lis (extending vertically to between breasts).

I had fleur de lis and brachioplasty and needed 4 weeks off.  I agree about not wanting to have drains in.  I'm older (62) and that makes a difference.  I also had tissue necrosis with a resulting open wound.  We usually don't "plan" for complications - but it does need to be considered when planning time to heal.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

proudmomof2
on 10/5/11 4:03 am - Eaton, OH
I had a TT, pani, BL, implants, and hernia repair and I went back to work after 2 weeks.  I did have my drains out as well - not sure that I would have come back with them.  That will make a difference.

Wishing you the best!
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
typingmom
on 10/5/11 4:18 am
I think 2 weeks is reasonable if you have a desk job. I had an anchor cut TT along with brachioplasty and went back to work after 3 weeks. I could have went back at 2 weeks if it wasn't for my arms.

Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/11 6:45 am
Ok I'll be the wimp here, I took six weeks off and pretty much needed all of it. (Counting week in hospital for blood clot) But I just had my last drain pulled the day before I went back into work. I am on my feet most of night bending over blah blah but that is me. If could have had my drain out in 3 weeks maybe could have gone back at 4 weeks part-time full time at 5 weeks.

If your boss is cool like mine, I planned for six weeks but told him I would come back early if I could. Just in case you run into some problems better to reserve a little extra time to be on safe side and not come back too soon.

Good luck,
Bubba
Jujuvee
on 10/5/11 8:10 am
I got you all beat, I'll be having a circumferential and brachioplasty and if all goes well I'll be off 8 weeks. I have 2 jobs one is a cleaning business and the other is security for a truck gate opening up and checking in semi's. Both physical and one involving the outdoors and the winter ice. Yeah.... I'm chillin like a villian!!!!!!

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

mkbeany
on 10/6/11 2:00 am
you crack me up!!
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Most Active