Just a little more?

Mary B.
on 8/6/12 12:58 pm
I haven't been losing much weight/fat lately (my weight fluxes about 3 pounds up and down in 196 to 199 range). But!! I have a lot of saggy tummy and 'dead' fat that i cant seem to get rid of or fix. SO! I have been thinking, and I would like to lose about 15-20 more pounds and then start actively looking into TT surgery (any opinions? or suggestions?)
acbbrown
on 8/6/12 1:50 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I guess we are in the same boat! I'm hanging out around mid 190s...lots of excess skin, and NO idea how much weight im carrying in excess skin/fat.

My goal is to lose another 15 lbs or so before plastics, but since ive already scheduled it for November, regardless, I am cutting off the skin! I'm sure I'm going to lose some weight, and hopefully whatever metabolic boost comes my way will help me get to an ideal weight.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MissCamp26
on 8/6/12 11:34 pm
It's SO hard, but my advice is to get as close to your goal as possible before doing the surgery. If you can hold off, you'll have the best possible outcome.

felinemommy
on 8/8/12 4:32 am - NH
I'm in the same boat......my head says another 15 lbs, but my body has said it is quite happy at this weight.  Now I haven't worked really hard at further weight loss, but I have maintained at this weight quite easily for 1.5 years.  I finally went for 2 consults with PS this summer.  Naturally, they both said that I was a perfect candidate for PS and pointed out, why work so hard losing the last 10-15 when most of the fat will come off with the skin?!  Both surgeons agreed that my upper torso is very lean and I do carry my weight in hips/thigh area.  While I'm still hung up on the numbers on the scale, I am quite happy with the way my body looks/feels...........so I think I'm ready to deal with the skin and call it a day!  I just want to feel completely comfortable in my body.  Right now, I always feel obligated to wear my shaper.  Good luck in your decision!

LilySlim - (TZ0U)

Maintain daily activity levels and practice clean eating........still battling some unhealthy behaviors!

Crazeru
on 8/8/12 8:21 am
I was weight stable for almost 2yrs when I had my PS.  I only had 3lbs of skin and  a liter of fat, so it didn't change my weight at all. 

If you can add exercise to see if you can drop the weight and go back to basics and eliminate the carbs, you might be able to drop a few lbs.

Dr Sauceda does tell his patients to try and lose if he feels their results will be better.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Lizzy25
on 8/8/12 4:59 pm
 Be sure to take into account the weight of the skin you're having removed. I don't know how much excess skin you've got, but some people have had upwards of 10 pounds of skin cut off. So if someone is 10 pounds from their goal weight, but then they have 10 pounds of skin removed, they really weren't 'over' their ideal weight at all. And you look much much leaner after a tummy tuck. I only had 3 pounds of skin removed from my stomach and after the swelling went down, I could see my abs, and my waist is teeny tiny. I'm very thin looking from the waist up (the butt is another story sigh). I thought I'd wanna get down to 145. But I'm very happy where I am now at around 160, and people tell me I look too thin when I get lighter. So really, your idea of what your ideal weight is might be skewed by the skin that's covering up your true shape. 

On the other hand, if you think you really do have 15-20lb more to lose, then by all means, get rid of as much of it as possible before surgery, because then they can get even more loose skin removed. I lost about 5lb after surgery during recovery though, it was good to have some wiggle room. You don't want to go into surgery at a low weight, having dieted a lot recently, it puts your body at a disadvandage. Make sure you're well-nourished and healthy. 

Ok so I've given you like 5 different conflicting opinions. But good luck!!! plastics are exciting!! 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
Anne D.
on 8/11/12 7:25 am
I was in the same boat last January. I switched to a paleo type diet and got really serious to get to goal. The surgery will have much better results if you are at goal. Less fat means you may not need lip, which is easier on your body. Also you don't want to have a tt and then lose more and have to redo. I would change up your eating plan and really try to get to goal while planning for your tt. Best of luck!

Most Active