first plastics! belt lipectomy July 10th!

Olivia L.
on 6/24/13 10:10 am

Hi everyone, i had my RNY on June 15th 2010 and i have lost over 200 lbs since my highest weight. I am 22, 6 feet tall and weight 235 right now. i have been at this weight for over a year now and i am satisfied with that. I can only do so much until i get this skin removed. 

does anyone know if a belt lipectomy, lower body lift, and abdominal plasty are all vastly different or basically the same? 

i was originally going to do the lift and mastopexy all in one surgery but decided that was too much for one operation. I am am concerned that i wont be satisfied with my results but i think that is just because i cant even imagine waking up and not having the skin on me. 

My insurance covers the panniculectomy however the rest must be paid in full. thats what you get with plastics i guess.

any advice on post op scar care??

xoxo Olivia   
HW: 428 August 2009
CW: 220 June2012
GW:175 September 2012?!

MyBariatricLife
on 6/24/13 11:46 am

Congrats on your weight loss!!!!! LBL (same as belt lipectomy) = tummy tuck, butt lift, outer thigh lift combo surgery. Abdominoplasty = Tummy tuck. 

Make sure you get your mons lift!!

Post op scar care - glutamine powder, Gelzone abdo binder/wrap

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

jhpby
on 6/24/13 12:39 pm - Oshawa, Canada
Good luck with your surgery! I too was supposed to have an lbl and a breast augmentation with lift... The surgeon made the decision for me that he wasn't going to do them both together and my god am I thankful for that! I already feel like I got hit by a Mack truck!

In regards to the scar cream, I forget the name of the stuff that my doc recommends but I know they sell it at his office...it's not cheap though!
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

Most Active