Comparing Anchor Cut results to Belt Lip.

Miss150
on 11/5/13 11:01 pm

Had consult with surgeon.  I was hoping he would do my arms and tummy at the same time, but he says to wait and do one at a time only.  OK- So I went with the lower body stuff first.  He wants to do a Belt L.  I am not unhappy with my backside . I do not need any muscle repair or lipo, but have lots of skin in the front.  I have time to decide one way or the other.  Is there that much difference  between the two surgerys (both in results and recouperation).  Surgery scheduled for Nov 22- I'm pretty nervous and excited at the same time.  It seems different than the WLS which was totally necessary and this, which is more my vanity involved.  

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

emelar
on 11/6/13 12:16 am - TX

I went to all my consults thinking I'd need an anchor cut to pull everything tight.  Not one of the three surgeons I saw recommended it.  They all believed they could get it done with the bikini cut. 

But are you asking about anchor cut (incision up your middle) versus belt lipectomy (lower body lift), or belt lipectomy  versus full abdominoplasty?  The belt lipectomy is a 4 in 1 procedure - tummy tuck with muscle tightening (as needed), mons lift, outer thigh lift, and butt lift.  If you don't need or want the butt lift, there's no need to do it.  I think the only risk you run at that point is having dogears where the long  incision ends at the side.  Recovery is about the same for both.  Obviously, there's more incision to keep an eye on with the belt lipectomy, but that's about it.

Miss150
on 11/6/13 12:25 am

Thanks - I wish I could think that the bikini cut would do it, but down 200 pounds that I carried mostly in my front and arms, my upper tummy is skin city-  don't like it, but probably do nee the vertical incision.  I don't expect to be baring my midrift soon or ever, for that matter. ah- ha

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

acbbrown
on 11/6/13 2:23 am - Granada Hills, CA

PM me for a passsword to my profile plastic pics and you can see my before tummy that required an anchor cut. Some surgeons locally said I didnt need them, but I disagreed lol.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Mell
on 11/6/13 2:18 am

I had the anchor cut for tha reason I had tons (they removed 10lbs of skin) of skin in the front. I do have a scar, and it is not completely washboard but I think if I did the bikini I would have a huge muffin top. Good luck

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Most Active