52 yo with scheduled LBL and Mastopexy

GinaJ
on 10/13/17 2:21 pm - San Antonio, TX

I am very anxious about my upcoming surgery on 10/26/17. I will have the LBL done at that time and then 6 weeks later the mastopexy. I am just afraid of the level of pain and the pulling sensation.

Any experience or tips you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Gina      6.4cc in 10cc band           3cc at time of surgery; 1st fill 3cc; 2nd fill 0.4cc
Laura in Texas
on 10/14/17 3:29 am

Take your pain meds on schedule to keep your pain level low. The first 5 days for me were tough, but after that it was not too bad.

I used an adjustable bed for 4 weeks which was a lifesaver for me. Others have rented lift recliners. If you do not have either of those hopefully you have someone to help you in and out of a chair or bed for the first week.

I used unscented maxipads from the dollar store to use against my incisions (much cheaper than gauze). They helped cushion my incisions against the compression garment.

Just keep telling yourself that all of this will soon be a distant memory.

Happy healing!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Dcgirl
on 10/14/17 6:26 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I won't lie...the pain of the abdominal tightening is no joke! But it gives you a flat tummy which is the goal, so just stay on top of the pain meds (keep them on a stepladder right by your bed, not the nightstand which you would have to shift your body to reach, and set an alarm...keep a couple of crackers and a bottle of water so you can put a little food in your stomach, take the pill every 4 hours, and once you get through the first 2 or 3 nights you will be good to go!

Here is my post that references my surgery experience. I love my new body and don't regret the plastics at all! http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/6022374/Pic s-2-years-post-op-lower-body-lift-breast-lift-and-1-5/

Good luck!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/21/17 6:18 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Laura in texas idea to take meds on schedule for the first while is prob good. I did not the first night and woke up 4 hours after I should have taken it with tears running down my cheeks and in pain(but not agony, thankfully). Lesson learned.

Sharon

NYMom222
on 10/22/17 3:01 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes there will be pain. Can't get around it. It will pass. As others have said keep on top of pain meds.

I always suggest writing EVERYTHING down. Just leave a sheet of paper and a pen on the counter...

times- what I took and how much. Also wrote what I ate...You will forget- remember you are on drugs...

keep some extra squishy bed pillows around to help you get comfortable...

I also had a medical cane that I used for helping me get some leverage from sitting to standing. I used it the first few days for walking to the bathroom. I put a footstool next to my bed, to give me a landing spot for my feet on the way out of bed- and a place to push off from on the way in.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Luvmygs
on 10/23/17 11:22 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I agree with others, take your pain medication. I tried explaining to my family that I wasn't in any pain like hurting really bad. It was more like sore. It's due to the tucking of our stomach muscles and cutting of nerves. But I can honestly say now that it was worth every little pain, soreness and discomfort. I LOVE my new tummy. I went down a pant size. Great feeling!!!!

Most Active