Filthy Friday?

kanesmom
on 4/8/11 12:56 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Has no one started this yet? I've waited all week to vent!!

Was in a large discount store browsing the toy and baby sections for my LO. You know how they have display bikes just sitting on the floor? Well, this little 4 year old (I'm guessing age) boy is riding one around the area like a mad man. Making full use of the training wheels on this thing. He about ran into me and/or my cart several times. I said to him "be careful" or "watch out" (although I was thinking other things). His parents were in the same area, but doing nothing. (I gave them a few dirty looks too.)

As I worked my way over 4-5 aisles, he was still racing around. There was a store employee up on one of those ladder things, putting cases of stock diapers up on top of the shelves. The little boy kept riding right under her and she kept her cool for a long time. Finally she said "you should probably put the bike away now". So the little boy rides off and tells him mom "that lady told me to get off this bike". Mom says "what lady?" Then he pointed at the worker. The worker gal says "I just don't want him to get hurt." Mom says "I'm his mother, I will decide what he can and can't do." She mutters some other stuff and says "some people should mind their own business." Then they were gone

I told that poor employee lady that she was a better person than I, because I would have said something a lot sooner and it wouldn't have been near as nice. We all know damn good and wel that if that boy had an accident and hurt himself, they would have sued. And what if he ran into some little old lady or toddler and knocked them over and someone really got hurt? 

Jeez...if my kid ever does something like that I'll beat his butt--right there in front of everyone!!

Okay, I feel better.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!
Kina

RNY 08/16/05
Weight day of surgery 222
Lost 100 pounds in about 10 months

Pre-pregnancy weight 126
Delivery day weight 166
Currently 118
Baby Gage born 11/02/10
boomsheeka01
on 4/8/11 1:16 am - Killeen, TX
Oh my goodness!! Some parents baffle me! If he was mine I would have snatched him up quick!!

I don't think Chelle is doing Filthy Friday anymore :(     But that doesn't mean we can't still have it!  :)

My vent this week is this girl I know on facebook, she has been pregnant a couple of times, but have miscarried both of them. I feel very bad for her because I am sure that's very rough. But she consistently posts that she doesn't want to hear anybody else's baby news! She says she doesn't care if your pregnant, she doesn't want to hear about it or see pics, or anything!  That kind of made me mad because I obviously announced to the world that I am pregnant when I found out, and she kind of rained on my parade! I wasn't trying to be insensitive to her situation, just letting my friends know my good news!

I am still over the moon, and am so in love with my little sesame seed!!   :)
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

chelle614
on 4/8/11 1:45 am - Chester, NY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leUTlgVrEOo
Watch that guy's rant about brats in stores and tell me it's NOT friggin hllarious!

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

Kerri B.
on 4/8/11 3:38 am
This totally reminded me of something that happened to me last week that I found hilarious!!!

So, I stopped at the gas station to drop of some DVDs at the red box and ran in to grab a drink. Well, my husband had asked me to pick him up a 24oz beer and so I did. I proceeded to grab myself a Mike's Hard Lemonade. So, I'm standing in line and yes I had to wait a few minutes, but that was fine by me. I saw the other employee walk up to his register and this girl runs off, gets rung up and heads out. I heard the guy behind me rumbling about something and when he got up to the counter I heard him say (as he's banging his knuckles on the guy's counter)- "Man, next time you need to say can I help who's next in line??? Cus I was next and I don't have all day to wait!" I kind of chuckled and dismissed his rudeness, but then his bandging got louder and I hear "Oh Jesus come on man I said I don't have time" (all because the employee needed change to give the customer and had to open another drawer) At this point, I had become annoyed with his ignorance and said, "Hey calm down! Don't you have a little patience?" The guy starts mumbling and then proceeds to use profanity and tell me to mind my own damn business. I politely say to the man "Sir, you're being extremely rude and it's not his fault the girl rushed to the counter and that he needs change. He just works here so give him a break he's doing his job" He again rudely throws profanity out there and I proceed to tell him to "Get the F over it because the world isn't here to wait on him!!!" He then looks at my bag and says "Ok you F'n alcoholic go get drunk!! And if you were my wife I would have busted you in your mouth! Tell your husband to get control of his Bit%$!!!" WOW!!! I just laughed and said "Have a great night!!"

I can't believe the ignorance of people these days!!! Since when have we become the society of INSTANT>>> everything must happen right NOW when I say and when I want! Some people just have no morals and to tell me my husband should bust me in my mouth!! Disgusting
! And last time I checked I'm over 21 years old, paid for my drinks with my money and I haven't touched alcohol in the past 10 months so where does he get off there too??
cass2399
on 4/8/11 6:46 am - Sabattus, ME
That's so funny.  I'm glad it wasn't me that the guy was talking to because I have a smart mouth and probably would have said something else.  Also if me fiance was there, that guy would have had a serious problem and would probably be going out in an ambulance, lol.
Kerri B.
on 4/8/11 10:22 am
Oh do i know it!! I usually have a smart mouth too and don't deal well with stupid people becuase I have a really short fuse, but this guy was worth more than a laugh then a blowout from me...he did catch me on a happy good day though LOL  My husband would have been in jail, but I just wish some people would get that life is too short and its not worth complaining over everything!!! I wont say I've never been irritated and aggitated over this kind of stuff but I wouldn't act like that!! period!
cass2399
on 4/8/11 11:21 am - Sabattus, ME
The funny thing is that my fiance has been in this situation not to long ago.  He had stopped at Wendy's for lunch during work.  This was before we moved back to Maine.  He knew all of the people at Wendy's since he stopped there everyday.  He had ordered his lunch and it was taking a bit since they had just started serving lunch.  Some guy and his wife were there and they had just ordered and they were waiting.  Well both of them kept running their mouths about how long it was taking, being really loud.  My fiance kept his mouth shut but these 2 just kept on and on.  So he told them to basically chill out and shut up since they had just started lunch and it wasn't going to kill them to wait 5 minutes.  The guy starts getting loud and saying that he wasn't saying anything and my fiance, being the smart mouth that he is, runs his mouth back.  They guy gets up in my fiance's face and then proceeds to grab my fiance's throat and push him into the wall.  That just sent my fiance over the edge and he proceeded to kick the guy's @$$.  He actually cut the guy above the eye.  He told me later that he wasn't going to do anything but when they other guy put his hands on him, he just lost it.  There were other people in there waiting for their food and they just stood there and laughed because the guy deserved it.  The manager called the police but the guy and his wife just left before the police arrived and the manager and the employees saw what had happened to they just took my fiance's statement and told him that he didn't need to wait for the police to arrive.  They would handle it.  It amazes me that someone would even do something like that.  It was just stupid since my fiance is not a small guy.  He's not extremely tall, 6'1" but he is an ex football player and still looks like it.  I'm just glad that I wasn't there.
Kerri B.
on 4/8/11 7:13 pm
Ya, people NEVER cease to amaze me. I wouldn't say I'm the most patient person in the world, but I think after having Landen I have learned to just relax a little per say. Why do so many people have to feel and act as if they are entitled? I think if people stopped for a few seconds even to consider other peoples' positions in life they might be a little more understanding and start to feel a little more fullfilled by just being a little bit nicer to others! I guess the saying goes---do unto others as you would have others do unto you--however, it only applies to some and not all it seems!!
Lexa321
on 4/8/11 6:47 am - weston, FL
i feel like the worst worst mom- jayson took his shoes off in the car on the way home.. no big deal.. so i get him out and off he goes running to the door with my keys in hand... i sit him down to eat dinner and he wont eat but hes whining about his feet hurting....i just kept telling him its ok.. hurt is a new word so hes using it alot... along with scared... so anyway.. hes telling me his feet hurt so i ask him if he wants me to kiss them.. thru his crying he says yes... so i do... ( not my fav thing) and he keeps crying and asks me to kiss them again.. so i finally look at the bottom of his feet to find they are all red.. and have white spots... my guess is he burnt them on the side walk running up to the door... i feel like an ass.. some cooling cream and motrin later hes no longer crying.... i have earned asshole of the year award.
tripmom02
on 4/8/11 7:03 am - NJ
We have all been there! You are NOT a bad mother. One time I took the triplets to the beach with some family, and I got distracted while putting sun screen on the kids and I missed Nates face and neck, he had a burn so bad he got blisters on his face and we had to see a doctor to make sure he didn't get scars!  

HUGS to both of you.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views